Advice and Tips for Preliminary Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
BabyBlueVamp forgot this thread and so i'm creating it- basically what is your advice to tackle the subject?

Can someone please list the topics that are covered in the preliminary chemistry course?

Thanks for your help :)

bored of sc

HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
BabyBlueVamp forgot this thread and so i'm creating it- basically what is your advice to tackle the subject?

Can someone please list the topics that are covered in the preliminary chemistry course?

Thanks for your help :)
Consistency and continuity. Keep up in class and do all the homework. Revise constantly. Try not to get overwhelmed by it all, there's heaps of content to cover but it is manageable.

The main topics are:
1. The Chemical Earth
2. Metals
3. Water
4. Energy

Here's my summary, syllabus notes if you want to use them.

-tal-

HSC
Revise, revise, revise

Learn all the concepts. Especially the ones relating to the interaction between all the particles and their reactions

Remember, learn and constantly practise stoichiometry. Figure out all the chemistry maths

Memorise the properties of the substances that you learn about in each topic. eg in the Chemical Earth, you deal with the physical properties of ionic, covalent and covalent network substances.

Know your practicals very well. Make sure you can write up a very good experiment. Also, know how to spot problems in your experiments.

EmeraldTempest

That Green Kid
HSC
G'Day,

Thanks guys, that is real helpful. I've got my preliminaries coming up and theses will be great for some extra revision.

EmeraldTempest

daryl-d

HSC
it doesn't matter if u don't do that well at prelim chem, unless ur prospective employer wants to see youre yr 11 report card, don't stress out in the exam and if u do about 30 mins of chem a day you'll do fine.

just do well at the hsc exam

chenaniggans14

HSC
Consistency and continuity. Keep up in class and do all the homework. Revise constantly. Try not to get overwhelmed by it all, there's heaps of content to cover but it is manageable.

The main topics are:
1. The Chemical Earth
2. Metals
3. Water
4. Energy

Thanks so much for those notes., They are so helpful!! i have my yearly's coming up and chem is what i have a bit of trouble with so thanks again!!

GlitterInTheAir

HSC

The main topics are:
1. The Chemical Earth
2. Metals
3. Water
4. Energy

your so kind for posting your old study notes, thanks to everyone who does it i swear your getting me through chem haha!xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)