Advice for STAT170 Please? (1 Viewer)

M

MadhuM93

Hi everyone. Anyone done STAT170 at Macquarie? I always hear how its a pain from other students and i can't afford to fail again since i have failed ECON111 already. (anyone can give me advice on how to do well in econ111 too id appreciate it!)
So anyways im prepared to put in more effort this semester to keep up with work but im just asking what is the difficulty level of STAT170? Is there a lot of math involved? Whats the best way to study for it?

L

lololololol

Hey I havent done STAT170...I'm actually doing this semester. But what part of ECON111 did you have difficulty with? I might be able to help.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello, I did ECON111 and I got 79/100, which is a distinction.

To do well, you must attend all lectures and tutorials; the tutorial questions are particularly important as the final exam is going to be partially based on them.

Try to also use Econlab and the Eguide, do the chapter reviews and questions every week, then everything will be much easier.

bjk94

HSC
As a past stat170 (passed first time) it is easy till about week 7 because in the first few weeks you only do means, medians, graphs etc...After that the difficulty seems to skyrocket and the only way to succeed is to actually do the work on a regular basis. I would say though that once you get the hang of it gets annoying because after that it is just a repetitive process. As for econ111 make sure you pick up the easy marks (tute attendance, doing the homework and the, online tests) because you don't have to pass the final.

ChrisAC

HSC
make sure you have a really good cheat sheet. write small and include all the hypothesis tests (youll understand what they are later). Went into the final with a vague idea of the subject and the cheat sheet made it pretty easy in the end.

Kingportable

HSC
How can you already be failing eccon111! Its only been O-week, You're a first year aren't you?

M

MadhuM93

Awesome, thanks everyone! and Kingportable no im 2nd year :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)