Advice Line (1 Viewer)

stinger

Banned
A place where something is or could be located
so yea, whens it open aye?
i heard it was next wednesday, but all these people are telling me its on monday ... so what am i to do?
i have all these questions yet so little answers
i think my brain is about to explode due to the number of unanswered questions which are floating around and wandering in one ear and not coming out the other, what am i to do?
this advice had better open soon, or i'm going to be majorly pissed, even though i will probably not even call it
i mean, i know this is going to sound like crap, but you see shut up

edit: first post in this forum ... suck on that Newbie

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
next monday i think?

does anyone know what to do?
any limits to what kinda question we can ask?

edit: SIF OMFG

is a roflcopter
HSC
yeah well its gone

i guess everyones a bit tense aye?

is a roflcopter
HSC
i deny all knowledge of being owned by stinger

someone answer my question :(

does anyone prank call it?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
any limits to what kinda question we can ask?
No. Just limits on the kinda answers you'll get. ;)

There's always at least one teacher for every subject who knows everything - unfortunately, the teacher you're transferred to isn't always that one. In which case you call back later and pose the same question to someone else. :p

You'll need your student ID, if I recall correctly, and I think you can only ask questions on courses you're taking this year.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Oh my god, enough with the veiled threats already! Geez. :p
AHA!

Originally posted by Cyph
Be polite and respectful to other users - treat someone like you would as if you were talking to them in real life. If that includes insulting someone for you, then you shouldn't be on this forum in the first place.
Have a look in Physics if you think I made that up :) Maybe NOW you won't think I'm on a power trip

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
That's great.

There's a difference between "insulting someone" and playful banter. This discussion really shouldn't be occurring here; if you've queries, post them in the mod forum.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's great.

There's a difference between "insulting someone" and playful banter. This discussion really shouldn't be occurring here; if you've queries, post them in the mod forum.
I agree. Hence, I will delete my offending posts

[deletes]

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
No. Just limits on the kinda answers you'll get. ;)

There's always at least one teacher for every subject who knows everything - unfortunately, the teacher you're transferred to isn't always that one. In which case you call back later and pose the same question to someone else. :p

You'll need your student ID, if I recall correctly, and I think you can only ask questions on courses you're taking this year.
ok so do they get mad if u call too many times? i bet they record how many times you call

and about how many teachers will they have on at once? like what's the chanceof getting the same teacher

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
ok so do they get mad if u call too many times? i bet they record how many times you call

and about how many teachers will they have on at once? like what's the chanceof getting the same teacher
I don't think they'd get mad. The idea of the advice line is, after all, to answer student's questions (be they reasonable etc). If you call and ask stupid questions they will more likely than not answer them seriously and in detail - by boring less-than-serious callers with answers they didn't really want the teachers will very effectively prevent further mischief.

If, however, you call with many complex and valid questions, they will try as best they can to provide an answer which helps you find further answers for yourself. They're trying to get students on the right track, after all, not spoonfeed them with solutions :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
lets try to find questions they cant answer and see them try to fudge around and not look like a newbie
muahahahaha

erm yeah.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
lets try to find questions they cant answer and see them try to fudge around and not look like a newbie
muahahahaha

erm yeah.
:) What if they ban you and the next day you need to find out how to integrate sec?

EDIT: Just in case that happens... (integral) sec = tan + k

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)