advice needed - dropping out (1 Viewer)

peepee

loser.
HSC
ok it has gotten to the point where i am seriously considering dropping out of uni, and i will probably do it

i don't hate uni - i hate the course.

i'm doing B Science and i hate it. i originally wanted to do B Business (Tourism Management) but i didn't get a good enough UAI for it

i don't know if i'm posting in the right forum...

i need some advice.

i know that i can use the guaranteed internal transfer scheme to get into the course i want, but i can't chin it for a semester - i can't get above a credit average if i hate the course that much

does anybody know any other options?

i know tafe is an option and i can try to get into uni again maybe next year, but is that a difficult process?

also, i hear uac takes applications again before spring semester...but i don't know if that works.

please help

Dark Angel

firstly..why did you choose that course if you knoe you gonna hate it in the future? imma not realli sure what you should do..or shouldnt do, but if you hate the course ...then do what you think is right..?

peepee

loser.
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
peepee u idiot
u should have done B Arts (Tourism) at hawkesberry
its only like 60 even lower than science
hmm yeh my friend is doing that
thanks for making me feel shittier than i already feel lol

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
wing it for a sem dude n transfer into a biz course at uws

or repeat hsc at tafe

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
keep doing it you sk...dont waste time running in circles with ur studies...

all course are not design for you to like...its work.
u have to get off ur lazy ass to do it, even though you dont like it.

i bet even when you change to business...youll say "i hate this too, stinks like poo" says peepee...

just think money $$$ when you finish ur course and get out working in a job...
dont think how hard ur course is

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
peepee science is not too hard
its not like engineering
and its not rocket science
its just plain science
cant be that hard
just b a nerd for the rest of this semester

liz

HSC
Hey don't worry i felt the same way last year. If you can't get internal transfer at the end of this semester stay on and finish this year. Then apply through UAC again and for most courses you will probably get some acedamic credit for what you did this year so you don't really waste too much time. Plus you are also this way giving this course a chance, i mean maybe after a year you'll get use to the course and start enjoying it.
Plus with B Science correct me if i'm wrong but arn't you aloud to pick some subjects out of the bussiness faculty as electives, if you can pick one subject out of the faculty next semester and see if you like it and so then you'll have a better idea of whether to change or not.

peepee

loser.
HSC
thank you to those who helped
not you, dingo :) lol

the thing is that i did tourism at tafe as part of my HSC, so i KNOW i'll like it....and i know more about it than i do know about science.....which adds to the confusion....

how can i do well in something that i dont like? that's why i don't want to do science.

i got an offer for a tourism cadetship a while ago, but my parents said i couldn't go for it. i should have accepted it....

oh i hate the way society is, you gotta have a good education to have a good job, blah blah blah, pffts piss me off. lol. actually that is probably only half true.....

yeah ignore what i said.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
like i said peepee u should have done B Arts (Tourism)
pretty stoopid doing a subject dat you dont like..
das like me.. got into engineering at uts.. but i knew i didnt like it, so i didnt go there. das why im here .. :)

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
dude.. just try stick it out
i was in the same situation.. i had to do arts for a year because my uai wasnt high enough for the course im doing now. Arts was boring and crap but now i'm in the course i want (i didnt even get a C average... failed a subject too :p)
It's only a year.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Stay until you can get a transfer to what you want. I feel your pain though, I did a B Science @ UNSW before being able to transfer out after a year. I guess the people I was friends with who did the same course made it bearable for that period of time. If you leave no you won't be able to do anything until probably the end of the session or so. Well, in my opinion anyway.

peepee

loser.
HSC
yeah....

thanks everybody, except maybe dingo, luvy, you made me feel like shit :)

well now that i've slept on it, i'm thinking a lot more clearly

i think i just had a mental breakdown last night...

i called Debi Edwards, the coordinator for Tourism Management, and she was sosososo nice about it all....she gave me some really good advice...

like what liz said, she suggested that i pick up a business elective next semester if i don't get a credit average this semester, and perhaps it will all count towards academic credit

i suppose i just have to find it somewhere in me to chin it for at least the rest of the semester, as much as i'm hating it (and hating Dr Janice Aldich-Wright)

but yeah i think i've made my decision

thanks everybody!!!!! your help was greatly appreciated :)

except dingo. i hate you, dingo. lol jk mate.

peepee

loser.
HSC
ok just when i thought it was over, this mental breakdown came back lol...

half of the people i talk to tell me that i'm better off going to tafe and doing something i know i'll like, and the other half tell me to chin it through this first year

but i don't know what would be best for me!!!!!

why are you people asking me for my msn!!!! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)