Advice needed please.. (1 Viewer)

whoami

icegreentea
HSC
Im just wondering if anyone knows if i could change my option topic for International peace and conflict....from peace and conflict in Europe to peace and conflict to Pacific. Is there any Board of Studies guidelines that I must follow, because we haven't gone through the Europe topic in great depth. Anyone got any clues. thanks in advance.

P.S. My friend told me that they check your Centre number to see if you chose the right option topic...is that true?.

Last edited:

gemrism

HSC
Noep i think you can write about any topic. THey won't penalise you. Well works for english anyway.
Why would you want to do conflcit in the pacific though? it's horrible the textbooks horrible ERGGGHH >_<!

whoami

icegreentea
HSC
I found it more interesting than Europe..and Europe is too broad within content, because there are too many countries involved, while Pacific is only United States, Britain and Netherlands ( and other brief imperialised colonies, i.e Java, Indochina, Burma, China ) and the main focus on Japan. The United States, Britain and Netherlands are not mentioned that much, only in relation to the affects it caused to Japan.

Thanks for your reply..good luck in your exams. !!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
With the exception of the Core you can do any topic you like just make sure you do one in each section.

They won't even check to see if you answered the questions indictated by your school as to what they taught you. The only reason they ask this is to help with the marking set up - ensuring that they have enough markers who are capable of marking your topics.

The BOS is fully aware that for a variety of reasons some students will do topics not taught in class.

Some do it very well but others do very badly.

Some years ago I had a student who loved Russia so much he taught himself Russia while I taught the class Germany. He did his assessment task on Germany but the rest of the time he did Russia. He got 88 as his final mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)