Advice on jealousy (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
guys...

...i'm not going to break up with him over this. so please stop saying that its the only way.

the thing is, he only said it in the first place because i thought he was being moody, so i begged him to tell me what the problem was.

I'm not looking for general advice on my relationship of over 2 years with my boyfriend (whom i love), i am simply asking for advice on jealousy and how to deal with it.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
AlleyCat said:
guys...

...i'm not going to break up with him over this. so please stop saying that its the only way.

the thing is, he only said it in the first place because i thought he was being moody, so i begged him to tell me what the problem was.

I'm not looking for general advice on my relationship of over 2 years with my boyfriend (whom i love), i am simply asking for advice on jealousy and how to deal with it.
For you, it's more annoying than anything so the key is to not let it annoy you too much. Know that when you're talking to your male friends, he's probably annoyed so maybe come up to him and always been a little touchy-feely afterwards so he knows that you weren't just having verbal sex with your guy friend.

But really, the main thing is to ignore it best you can and not get frustrated with him. Then it gets bad.

UpInFlames

HSC
N/A
suzieee said:
im in a similar situation... except im the one whos jealous.... its not that he talks to other girls, i dont mind that, he's got heaps of female friends, and im not worried about the fact that he talks to them. im just insecure bout him cheating. i know he cheated in his last relationship (because i was the girl he cheated with)... and im just scared he'd do it again. ive brought it up with him and hes promised its diff with me and said how he and his ex were always fighting (he used to ring me up upset about what she said... we were best friends before we got together) ill shut up now lol
and what did we learn from this, darling?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
suzieee said:
im in a similar situation... except im the one whos jealous.... its not that he talks to other girls, i dont mind that, he's got heaps of female friends, and im not worried about the fact that he talks to them. im just insecure bout him cheating. i know he cheated in his last relationship (because i was the girl he cheated with)... and im just scared he'd do it again. ive brought it up with him and hes promised its diff with me and said how he and his ex were always fighting (he used to ring me up upset about what she said... we were best friends before we got together) ill shut up now lol
Rofl. Once a cheat always a cheat.

quik.

HSC
If you were going to cheat on him (which I'm not saying you are), him worrying about it isn't going to magically stop it happening.

Just seems like a stupid thing to get worked up about unless it's actually happened.

graciegal01

HSC
AlleyCat said:
they're my friends.

the thing is, i can understand how he's feeling on a smaller scale, because i think everyone experiences jealousy at one point or another, but for him its just highly exaggerated.

i think he has some self esteem issues to deal with, but how do I help the situation in practical terms.

he has already admitted that it is unreasonable for him to act in this way, but that he can't help the feeling that rises when he sees me with other guys.

does anyone else know what this is like?
i know exactly what its like. my bf is like this. i'd say let him know he's goin ott, reassure him that nothing will happen. if he still doesnt, i'd say go with that other girl's policy and dump him because i totally understand - its suffocating sometimes!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)