Advice on Physics (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

Hey all

I have a little predicament with physics, and I'm not sure what to do.

I have a teacher, who is a good guy, very interesting, but I find him a bit too, shall we say, pedantic in his teachings? Basically, he teaches something too quickly, and others too slowly, and in general, it doesn't correlate to my mathematical learning style.

We're doing motion now, and while I'm generally good at physics, I didn't do too well at the latest test (80%). I'm a lot better with electricity, and I do like astrophysics, but I'm not sure what to do? Tough it out, and teach myself at home in my own way, or drop accelerated physics and try again next year?

Is it too late to drop it?

Thanks for your advice.

HSC
tough it out..but dont stress on it too much..

you're already doing a few accerelated so there's no need to panic..

coz like you saoid..you've got next year

HSC
Tough it out and if you fail, you still have next year
My point is that, you can learn your from your mistakes. According to your test result, you now know that motion is one of your weaknesses in physics. So you can try to improve on motion for next year.

K

khorne

Yeah, thanks for the support guys. I'll definitely brush up on my motion over the holidays, and gain some confidence in the topic (lost 6 marks from chaging correct answers to incorrect answer =[)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Since you're accelerating already... which is great to see someone taking it onboard I would not worry about not getting it or thinking the teacher is crap. My teacher isn't too good but I tough it out with him and have to have him for the entire prelim. :(

You have next year if you go crap :p

P.S. 80% is quite good considering you're an accelerant and it's Physics. Compared the rest of the class I bet it was a good solid result.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I agree with the above comments.

Stick it out and if worse comes to worse, you have next year.

coltser

HSC
Hey all

I have a teacher, who is a good guy, very interesting, but I find him a bit too, shall we say, pedantic in his teachings? Basically, he teaches something too quickly, and others too slowly, and in general, it doesn't correlate to my mathematical learning style.

We're doing motion now, and while I'm generally good at physics, I didn't do too well at the latest test (80%). I'm a lot better with electricity, and I do like astrophysics, but I'm not sure what to do? Tough it out, and teach myself at home in my own way, or drop accelerated physics and try again next year?

Thanks for your advice.
80% is bad? man your school assessments must be easy

coltser

HSC
No, but 80 isn't too crash hot from my perspective...

Our school usually ranks ~50-70 in the state and our class average for physics assessments is around 70% and for chemistry its even lower

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you should continue with physics, if you dont do too well you can just repeat it next year, plus you are gauranteed to know more then 50% of the course so you'll be doing pretty well in exams.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Hey all

Thanks for your advice.
Continue doing Physics. By the time you'll start your Yr12 curriculum, you'll be used to the pace of learning (hopefully) and Physics is one of those subjects that becomes more interesting in Yr12. Yr11 is full of boring crap, really...
And it's good that you're good at electricity since 2nd and 3rd module in Yr12 concerns about electricity a great deal.

In addition, 80% isn't that bad.

K

khorne

Alright, thanks a lot guys. I am more possitive, as the average mark was 70%, so I guess I will keep on at it =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)