• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice on teacher's who can't teach (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Advice is get some textbooks, print out a copy of the syllabus for your topic, ask other teachers for assistance, and check the BOS section for help if you get a crap teacher. Hope this helps :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
having notsogreat teachers sucks bad...specially in you hsc year.

you have to put in the extra effort to learn yourself

maybe get a few extra textooks if it helps...as lottox said: use the net, friends, BOS.org

also, try to keep your own pace. notsogreat teachers often lag behind. check out what other classses are up to, what friends in other schools are up to - make a judgement of how fast you should be completing things....
if its slower than your class, dont be afraid to go ahead!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Sounds like there's at least one good thing that comes out of having a not-so-good teacher

Kujah

HSC
N/A
:eek: Damn, life's really going to suck having a shitty teacher, isn' it

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I wish I had the guts to raise up my hand and say,
"SIR/MISS, YOU'RE A SHITTY TEACHER."

^^

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well, we all do don't we. It's just what happens afterwards that scares us :rofl:

cs01001

HSC
Kujah said:
Advice is get some textbooks, print out a copy of the syllabus for your topic, ask other teachers for assistance, and check the BOS section for help if you get a crap teacher. Hope this helps :)
The Maths syllabus on Boardofstudies is gay. Go look at it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
yeah, lol. By the time I read one part, I was bored. A textbook/study guide is better ;)

cs01001

HSC
I am glad I got a new Maths teacher for this year. The one I had from Year 8-10 was real cranky, would chuck dusters into fans, throw chairs at students, slam doors, screams, yells, swears etc. I have had enough, I am glad I got a new teacher this Year

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
I am glad I got a new Maths teacher for this year. The one I had from Year 8-10 was real cranky, would chuck dusters into fans, throw chairs at students, slam doors, screams, yells, swears etc. I have had enough, I am glad I got a new teacher this Year
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
FILE FOR MOLESTATION!

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, I am serious man. I wish I could youtube it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Then we could all laugh. Haha, I wish I can have my Year 10 teacher for Maths- He gets the Maths tests from the textbook. No wonder so many people got 100% :)

lacklustre

HSC
tamaranadine said:
When I was in year 8, during a certain maths class I didn't understand one of the concepts shown. I put my hand up, telling the teacher that I didn't get it, but the teacher just goes;

"Well that's too bad Tamara. I have explained it as best as I can so that's just your problem."

Bitch!

What is the point of having a teacher then.
In the end I just asked my friends and they explained it.
My teacher was similar. If you said you didn't understand he would make something out of nothing. He would go: "How could you not know tht?", and would almost leer at you trying not to laugh...meanwhile the whole class' attention is on YOU!

menelaus

HSC
i dont know if its just ppl i know, but a lot have said that their legal studies teachers cant teach. and really when u think about it, anyone can teach legal. i know a group of us taught ourselves and managed to get 94+.

James747

HSC
I havent had a lesson with my maths teacher yet but I know it's just a nightmare waiting to unfold.
=="

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Jachie said:
In Year 10 I had a horrid Maths teacher. Not only would she not explain things, she would get bitchy when we asked her questions, belittling everyone and even going so far as to calling one girl "stupid". She physically grabbed another student, too. We went to everyone about it: our year advisor, the head of maths, the principal, we even sought advice on the Internet from those "everyone has rights!" sites and I even asked around here.

All in all, nothing was done. There's no way in hell I'm doing Maths in Year 11, because there's no way in hell I'm going to have her as a teacher again. I feel sorry for those who will, though.
I had a teacher that threw some students exercise books across the room, paper went flying everywhere, and this occured on several occasions. The same teacher would also threaten students. The teacher had a "break", and then left a short while after.

slowjam10

HSC
raspberry-sauce said:
I have a maths teacher, who isn't very aware of what she's doing. I mean, she's nice and it's a good thing that most of the time, I can understand what she is trying to teach but we'll be marking answers to h/w or an exam, or she'll write a question on the board and she'll get the wrong answer and we as students have to correct her. I know, everyone makes mistakes but this happens regularly, and she shouldn't be in front of the class if she doesn't know what she's doing, lol.
Wow, it sounds like you had the same teacher as me, she didnt know what she was doing and she kept asking the students the answers or stuffing up when she marked tests. Even when she wrote the soloutions to hw questions the class had to correct her.:rofl::rofl::burn::burn::burn::rofl::rofl:

One of maths teachers had people swinging from the cieling fans.

Woot :wave::wave: Maths

Its great being in yr 11 and chhosing subjects i enjoy especially with the Humanities Dept. You can really see the passion of the teachers who teach in this area at my school and its just that little extra that can help a student to enjoy and excel at a subject.:):):)

hkgirl

HSC
LOL

when your teacher SUCKS,
YOU COME TO BOS :D:D:D & ASK FOR HELP HEHEHEHHEHEHE.

(ok that's not too healthy, but hey it's a solution! :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)