• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice on teacher's who can't teach (3 Viewers)

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
bludge lesson.

I have had a teacher in yr 9. he was a science teacher but he had to teach my class computers for a whole year. he read the dummies book for computers but stil didn't know how to teach computers so we usully played games

dani_123_5

HSC
N/A
i had alot of teachers like that...or maybe it was coz i didnt listen lol me and one of my friends would sit up the back in maths and talk, laugh and get into fights with the "popular" guys coz they would say shit to us lol the good old days

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
The problem is if u bludge you never benefit. Maybe go coaching and buy books as well as trying to self tutor yourself. There are many resources out there.

#Hint 97- Do as many questions as possible for Mathematics.

hayhayhay

yeppo.
HSC
my 2U teacher sets us the work, doesnt show examples on the board and sits in class doin stuff on his laptop. oh, and he has a weekly schedule for his coloured shirts. Monday is blue shirt day, Friday is red. he's a wanker aswell. We can't even sip water in class. AAAA!! He's a jerk. I heavily rely on my mates theory books cos we dont use them!

Gummy_bear

HSC
Take the initiative to teach yourself or change classes. Ask your coordinator, or even the principal, if they dont help, tell your parents and they could ring the school, seems like your creating a fuss, but sometimes, unofortunately, teachers will only take your parents seriously. But, before you change, talk to people from the other classes and find out which teacher seems to be the best for you, if your school asks you what class you would prefer to go into, choose the one with the best teacher, and one where you dont have people that you wil be talking to a lot and disrupting your class work. That was my mistake in year 10, had a class where all my friends were and we spent more time making the substiture say "whaddup in the house" to the next teacher who walked in than working. (this is true, he actually did it, to the science coordinator :D)

If you need help on certain things, ask us, we have plenty of people here on BOS who im sure are willing and reading to help on what you need.

If you need more help, you could always get tutor, but if you cant afford it, we can still help, post up your problems, ask questions and you will learn :)

There are so many people on here dedicated to helping people in your situation, just ask away.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
true, so true...
Just stuff th teacher and try to teach urself!!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hayhayhay said:
my 2U teacher sets us the work, doesnt show examples on the board and sits in class doin stuff on his laptop. oh, and he has a weekly schedule for his coloured shirts. Monday is blue shirt day, Friday is red. he's a wanker aswell. We can't even sip water in class. AAAA!! He's a jerk. I heavily rely on my mates theory books cos we dont use them!
my maths teacher thinks he funny ..

donrob15

HSC
yeah i teach half of the physics course to my self. all u need is a good text book. but i guess for maths it may not be that simple. my advice, ask them questions, make them teach u and dont let them be lazy.

frootloop

HSC
__candy said:
Hey, im just wondering if anyone has had a really bad teacher who can't teach and how they dealt with it. I've got a really bad 2U Maths Teacher who sets us work but doesnt explain it. What should i do?
Man, I've been there! If I had only depended on my teacher for maths I would've done so crap...

My advice? Screw the teacher (not literally, lol), get tutored (if that's an option for you) or study hard from a good maths book that explains everything nice and clearly... I recommend the 'Understanding Year xx Maths' [Accelerated Maths Learning] books.

Tutoring wasn't for me. I didn't want extra homework and being in a classroom on the weekends or after school hours was not what I wanted to do...

Asking for help from smart maths friends is always a good option. :)

Goodluck!

Roguedeth

HSC
lol i had that kind of maths teacher in year 10 omfg she gave us all this work and she didnt explain any of it she did talk about her daughter and shit so i had to teach myself from the book. Then she gave us this factorisation stuff and i failed that test coz i had absolutely no idea but i was lucky because the year after had a good maths teacher who explained factorisation to me :). hopefully you wont get crap teachers in the important years.

gwemma88

HSC
We had a hugely crap teacher in yr 9 for maths. I wont go into the whole story but after basically all parents requested interviews with head maths teacher and wrote complaining notes to the prinicpal etc etc, she was "asked to leave" the school.

Andrew_06

Shit teachers

I'm in year 12 atm, last year i had a terrible 2 unit maths teacher. It was her first year teaching at our school, she didn't explain anything. At the start of each lesson, there'd be a new topic on the board and she'd be writing before anyone sat down. Never any revision. I spent the lesson copying down what she scribbled on the board- a bad idea- sometimes i didn't know what i was writing. If you'd ask a question, she'd act condescending towards you. If you asked enough, she'd do the question herself quickly in your book and ask 'understand?'. I dropped 2 unit maths- and went to general in term 4 (never really liking maths, and not seeing a use for that level of maths in my future) General is damn easy in comparrison- even missing out so much work.
Advice- get a tutor
If you can't do that- teach yourself from the text book. Take your time, and thoroughly attempt to understand the topic- then you might be able to follow discussion in class.
Friends might help- but that might be annoying for all of you.

P

pLuvia

Change teachers or if desparate change schools altogether. Or as Andrew 06 hire a tutor or else self-study

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol.

my maths teacher hates me; she gives me crap all school reports. i do my homework : she gives me "sometimes" For 3u homework. im like wtF?
so basically i lost the edge to learn in maths .. seeing as all my other maths teachers were cool!

hmm; i am SO lucky that i changed english classes. [ advanced ]. other one; she was sexist and didn't mark essays and stuff truthfully. i only realised how c rap i was doing when my essays were marked by my new english teacher; and now im beginning to improve my marks. ^__^

also self-revision and self-acceleration is helpful. i also help my friend who is in another business studies class but has a crap teacher. she managed to pass and got highest in the class. [ i got 1st in teh grade ^^ hehehe ( man do i brag about that a lot? loL! )

jeniii

HSC
klaw said:
Changing schools because of a bad teacher is silly
.. hey thats what im doing ..=/ well it wasnt just one teacher i guess

moco

HSC
in my year 10 english class it was all bludge. we had a new teacher and all the bad students in the class knew that she couldnt control the class, so the english lessons we are just sitting there chatting. it takes about 30minutes for the teacher to mark the roll. the good students like me try to do our work.hahaha. actually i was probably the only few who actuall bothered. hahaha.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji / d3sp said:
lol.

also self-revision and self-acceleration is helpful. i also help my friend who is in another business studies class but has a crap teacher. she managed to pass and got highest in the class. [ i got 1st in teh grade ^^ hehehe ( man do i brag about that a lot? loL! )
sighz i would have came first yr11 for business if i didn't try to be a hero and study the night before for my first assessment. my fault though ! ended up second because of that and only by a few marks :(. for all you yr11's learn from my mistakes. being lazy and stuffing up one assessment can make all the difference in ranking !

Last edited:

jeniii

HSC
vizman said:
rofl name some names jennii.
haha seriuos? u better not like dob me in x.X

letsee .. maths with mr. FSR x.X they dumpd me in dumb maths class coz i failed one common test. couldnt control the class let alone teach. they woodnt move me back up even wen i got good marks.
english - vizman u wood know. our best teacher left us (resigned from sickness) with STRSII rite b4 the skool cert.
commerce - mrs KZZY - shes not bad .. but the class. i feel sorii for her. impssible to control

um wat else.. lol all the good teachers leaving! gray! haggerman! and that english teacher .. uh forgot name. the one who always wears heaps of bling.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol

remember kiddies! .. the five p's.

Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)