• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

advice (1 Viewer)

tayfitz

HSC
im really freaking out about the HSC
does anyone have any advice that may well benefit me?
study techniques?
anything general?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
You can do geomechanics in tafe and try and transfer, no need to worry.

tayfitz

HSC
tafes not really for me
i want to get it right in the hsc and go straight into it

bored of sc

HSC
For me, I tend to remember the content of subjects if I apply it to realistic, every-day situations.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
stress less. u need 60-65 UAI to get into uni, and if you work hard in your first year, you can transfer to just about whatever course you want anyway. a couple of months after the HSC no one will ever ask you what your UAI was again. just dont stress over it, its not worth it

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Can I suggest that to help you do this year for the HSC:

- Do regular summaries of your work.
- Carry around little formula books or very summarised notes to read whenever you get a chance.
- Enjoy your last year at school.
- Get into your hobbies and take some time out each day for you to destress yourself.
- Don't give up extra-curricula activities because they are good, structured ways to get away from study for a time and forget about the stress of exams.
- Remember, life is more than just study. These days employers want to see what ese you do in your life apart from school and Uni.
- We may want the quick way of getting what we want, but sometimes doing it the longer way helps you get a clearer picture of what you really want to do and that may be geologist now, but as you work towards that goal you may find that something else will interest you more.
- There are many more years to go after the HSC and no one stays in the same job or profession for long.
- Learning is life long and the HSC is just a pimple on the backside of it all.
- We never fail, we just need extra time to develop into a subject. (I sucked at English at school and now I'm going to be an author!! I had a friend who did crap at Ext 2 maths at school and now she's teaching it!)

Don't give yourself too much stress. Just do your best, no one can expect any more than that. And if that means a longer route to your goal, reaching that goal will be even sweeter! Believe me.

Good luck and be calm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)