Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I went on Seek to search for careers with the degree of 'Aerospace Engineering' and 3 pages worth of jobs across Australia. I have a relative who has a degree of 'Aeronautical Engineering' from UNSW and still hasn't found a job and is working in admin/secretary at a private school in Sydney since ~2007-8. He says its 'very frustrating and has debt', it was his passion/dream to work as an aerospace engineer and unfortunately not always dreams come true. Yes OK you can get into a degree which you want to do/dream course but your dream job won't always be there.

Lets see what happens in the future with Aviation in Australia, it seems to be falling apart these days, I won't mention which companies here but if you have an interest into Aviation you would know :)

I hope this helps Fade but as I tell you this it seems the opportunities with Aviation are Fade-ing :(

Last edited:

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
I went on Seek to search for careers with the degree of 'Aerospace Engineering' and 3 pages worth of jobs across Australia. I have a relative who has a degree of 'Aeronautical Engineering' from UNSW and still hasn't found a job and is working in admin/secretary at a private school in Sydney since ~2007-8. He says its 'very frustrating and has debt', it was his passion/dream to work as an aerospace engineer and unfortunately not always dreams come true. Yes OK you can get into a degree which you want to do/dream course but your dream job always be there.

Lets see what happens in the future with Aviation in Australia, it seems to be falling apart these days, I won't mention which companies here but if you have an interest into Aviation you would know :)

I hope this helps Fade but as I tell you this it seems the opportunities with Aviation are Fade-ing :(
Ah shit man. Why is it so that the thing I was most interested in never waited, despite the efforts and why is it that if I choose to do something else which I would enjoy, less but enough, is not in my grasp. I have so many reasons now to give up on HSC but only JCU lies as a hope now. I am tired of trying but not achieving. Now I see, I see my future Fade-ing.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Ah shit man. Why is it so that the thing I was most interested in never waited, despite the efforts and why is it that if I choose to do something else which I would enjoy, less but enough, is not in my grasp. I have so many reasons now to give up on HSC but only JCU lies as a hope now. I am tired of trying but not achieving. Now I see, I see my future Fade-ing.
Blame the government for the high influx of immigrants with skills taking over Australian jobs and taking them overseas. I think one of the strongest Aviation Engineering Companies left in in Australia is located in Western Australia, Perth and a brother of that in Brisbane. I wish this wasn't the case but unfortunately good things get taken away from us unless you now go overseas with these 'Airspace Degrees'

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Blame the government for the high influx of immigrants with skills taking over Australian jobs and taking them overseas. I think one of the strongest Aviation Engineering Companies left in in Australia is located in Western Australia, Perth and a brother of that in Brisbane. I wish this wasn't the case but unfortunately good things get taken away from us unless you now go overseas with these 'Airspace Degrees'
fuck off with your blame the immigrants shit, this is straya

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Just do mechatronics ez problem solved
I have another relative who graduated with a Mechatronics degree from UNSW 2 years ago and he found a job in less than 2 months easy, he works in Sydney and says he loves it, excellent pay etc... He also says that he can see himself doing it for the next 20 years easy.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I have another relative who graduated with a Mechatronics degree from UNSW 2 years ago and he found a job in less than 2 months easy, he works in Sydney and says he loves it, excellent pay etc... He also says that he can see himself doing it for the next 20 years easy.
mech lyf <3

OP, you're going to be doing very similar subject at uni for any engineering, even I was tossing between aero, Tele, elect, mech and all but just pick something for now and if you don't like it or change your mind you can always change

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure exactly what the numbers are (or the source, but I remember the source was trustworthy), but I heard that only 15% of people who get aeronautical engineering degrees actually get into the aviation industry after getting their degree. Of course 85% don't get unemployed, they just go work somewhere else, or go on to do a postgrad degree or something.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I'm not sure exactly what the numbers are (or the source, but I remember the source was trustworthy), but I heard that only 15% of people who get aeronautical engineering degrees actually get into the aviation industry after getting their degree. Of course 85% don't get unemployed, they just go work somewhere else, or go on to do a postgrad degree or something.
15% sounds about right. Keep in mind, just because you have an aero degree doesn't mean you'll end up in aero engo. Even electrical engo's will be needed by aero space companies to do wiring, chemical engos to calculate fuel, Tele engos for satellites etc.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I reallly wanna do that as well, but do you think they dont pick muslim or ethnics, to join the airforce.
I applied and when I was at the YOU session there were a variety of people there. Mostly white but yeah

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I applied and when I was at the YOU session there were a variety of people there. Mostly white but yeah
SR I might have asked you this question before but sorry I forgot, what happened with you and the ADF afterwards?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
SR I might have asked you this question before but sorry I forgot, what happened with you and the ADF afterwards?
I gg no re the medical part so I couldn't get in. Always next year :D

Try not to derail this one :p

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
I can't blame others for what my life is to come to. Either way, if it was all blaming others, then life would be too easy.
Hm... ADFA. Never thought about wanting to go defence. Plus I am not an Australian, so that'd be a problem to work there esp. there is always racism in defence force from what I heard.

mech lyf <3

OP, you're going to be doing very similar subject at uni for any engineering, even I was tossing between aero, Tele, elect, mech and all but just pick something for now and if you don't like it or change your mind you can always change
Never wanted to do tele. I really worked so hard all these years cos I wanted to go med and my backup was aero but now it seems,,.

Thats a huge problem bc nearly 6/7 of the people dont make it in the workforce for aero.
I reallly wanna do that as well, but do you think they dont pick muslim or ethnics, to join the airforce.
Not sure man.. i couldnt, but hopefully you can make it into the course you want :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)