AFL Sydney Derby 4 - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
Who can't wait for the Sydney Derby. Who do you think might win? Sydney are the favourites and Giants are looking to upset the Swans, do you think its possible?
Do you also think this match will lead into a great rivalry?

I think that its possible for the Giants to win. My tip Swans by 48 if GWS Giants are competitive and if they are really competitive win by 12 points. NOTE: The Giants were in front in the second quarter of the first derby played this year, and the NAB CUP Oh my god...

Thoughts...

non omnis moria

HSC
Uni Grad
GWS Giants will get smashed.
It'll take them a few seasons just to get settled.

I'd be happy to see them cause an upset though.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello, I am a crazy Sydney Swans fan. If you are a Giants fan there is the door ->

Okay onto business. My tip is going to be Sydney by 70+. There I said it. Crowd should be to full capacity.

Swans will be too good at the SCG.

the_one_1

HSC
Hello, I am a crazy Sydney Swans fan. If you are a Giants fan there is the door ->

Okay onto business. My tip is going to be Sydney by 70+. There I said it. Crowd should be to full capacity.

Swans will be too good at the SCG.
I'm also a crazy Swans fan (been supporting the swans since I was a baby).

So, with this game yes, I go for the Giants but they are a side team (but living in the western side of sydney its difficult not to support them).

Teams I go for in order 1. Swans, 2. Giants 3. Suns

For this game I will be acting GO THE GIANTS! but actually I will hope the swans can win and make the finals and defeat Hawthorn in the grand final again :p before Buddy Franklin moves to GWS Giants and they start to cause problems

I believe with the way the Giants played last week anything is possible. I think it will be at first low scoring and then there will be a Giant fade out. Swans will win by 85+, Half time Swans by 25+.

But again anything is possible. I do hope the Giants can manage an upset but I don't really care if the Swans win

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
They are slightly behind where Gold Coast were a year ago. Gold Coast are the team to watch 2015-2016. But I think the giants will start playing good football in a few years (3ish)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
They are slightly behind where Gold Coast were a year ago. Gold Coast are the team to watch 2015-2016. But I think the giants will start playing good football in a few years (3ish)
Giants are a promising team but I don't see them being competitive for 4 Quarters for another 2 years.

Hopefully once the players get 50-ish games under the belt and put on some muscle, they'll be able to win a few games. Jeremy Cameron is going to be a top-class Forward.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If Buddy goes to GWS the team will look/play very differently 2014.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
A better idea is locating them to Tasmania they will get an awesome crowd. But the AFL wants to win over NRL supports in Sydney.

the_one_1

HSC
Giants are a promising team but I don't see them being competitive for 4 Quarters for another 2 years.

Hopefully once the players get 50-ish games under the belt and put on some muscle, they'll be able to win a few games. Jeremy Cameron is going to be a top-class Forward.
If Buddy goes to GWS the team will look/play very differently 2014.
[video]http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-07-06/cameron-in-trouble[/video]

YOUNG Western Bulldogs defender Jason Johannisen has been ruled out for the rest of the season after it was confirmed he would require surgery on a dislocated right AC joint.

Johannisen was collected by Greater Western Sydney forward Jeremy Cameron in a heavy collision during the third quarter of Saturday's clash at Manuka Oval.

He was substituted out with concussion, but the club confirmed on Sunday he had suffered no neck injuries as a result of the clash.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-07/young-dog-out-for-year

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Sorry I have to add this. Gary Ablett's goals. Officially rated the number 1 player in the AFL.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
As much as I would like a 100 pointer thrash (which will help our percentage) I don't think it will happen. Game will probably go as follows: Sydney dominate 3 quarters and then Giants to win last quarter. Similar to the Adelaide game during Round 11 (we should have easily won by 100 points - we lead by 99 points but conceded late goals to make it only a 77 point win).

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
its exciting times for the Swannies, playing very well with such a young squad, and still have the likes of Goodes, Shaw, Jetta, Reid etc tom come back in. I think we can beat the Hawks and the Cats if we ware full strenghth

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
its exciting times for the Swannies, playing very well with such a young squad, and still have the likes of Goodes, Shaw, Jetta, Reid etc tom come back in. I think we can beat the Hawks and the Cats if we ware full strenghth
LRT, Gary Rohan too.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm calling it. Sydney V Hawks again this year in the Grand Final.

the_one_1

HSC
Sorry I have to add this. Gary Ablett's goals. Officially rated the number 1 player in the AFL.

I agree Gary Ablett is the number 1 player in the AFL, and he plays for the Suns :)

Gonna add Lewis Jetta's goals for the finals 2012.

<3 those goals by Lewis Jetta against Collingwood. One problem he is not playing this weekend :(. Gives a possible chance for the Giants without that extra speed. :D

As much as I would like a 100 pointer thrashing (which will help our percentage) I don't think it will happen. Game will probably go as follows: Sydney dominate 3 quarters and then Giants to win last quarter. Similar to the Adelaide game during Round 11 (we should have easily won by 100 points).
I also agree it won't be by over 100 points. Look at the Battle of the Bridge 2 match last year.

Also everyone, why doesn't anyone want the GWS Giants to win any games. They are a new side and need to at least win a few games in the year and need support, they are an upcoming team for crying out loud.

Also I don't think you saw this video SpiralFlex [video]http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-07-06/cameron-in-trouble[/video] Jeremy Cameron, against a player older than him by a year. Tough kid and that just shows, the Giants are actually becoming GIANTS :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)