after medicine/dentistry, what is the next most difficult course to enter? (1 Viewer)

Dragonangel

HSC
theres greater demand for med, hence its more competitive. i dont see how low demand equates to vet being more competitive? i was merely mocking u.
No, you got it wrong. :p I said:

Originally Posted by Dragonangel
Don't you think this is unsurprising? There is obviously a greater demand for medicine students than vets, so don't you think it's only natural that vet entry would be far difficult because of this low demand?
And you agreed to that.

How can you not see how low demand equates to vet being more competitive? Look at it this way:
- heaps of people want to be a vet
- they don't need many vets
- harder to get int the course

However with medicine, where there is a great demand, they'd make the overall selection process more easier so they get more medicine students.

Essjaybee

HSC
More intelligent we may be, but emotions, race, culture and religion are irrelevant when you're doing surgery. Humans share common anatomical features with many other animals hence animals are just as complicated when it comes to humans when it comes to treating them.
The Bahai religion explicitly prohibits head-shaving. Sikhs take an even stronger stance, opposing all forms of hair removal. However, some surgeries require hair to be removed. Many forms of cancer require chemotherapy, which often causes severe and irregular hair loss.

Certain medical procedures involving blood are specifically prohibited by Jehovah's Witnesses' blood doctrine.

Muslims, Shintos, the Greek Orthodox Church, and Zoroastrians all have beliefs against autopsy.

Im sorry some of your points made sense but you can't say specific things are irrelevant just because you think they are.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
How can you not see how low demand equates to vet being more competitive? Look at it this way:
- heaps of people want to be a vet
- they don't need many vets
- harder to get int the course
not in comparison with medicine. no. students interested in med>>>>no. students interested in vet sci.

there may be heaps of students wanting vet, but compared to medicine, its a drop in the ocean. thats the reality. go search through the discussion boards in medicine/health sciences and see how many threads there are on getting into medicine, UMAT, UMAT prep courses, interviews, UMAT scores, cutoffs, med school comparisons etc etc. and then go search for threads on vet science (and please dont start one on ur own). which one is there more of?

However with medicine, where there is a great demand, they'd make the overall selection process more easier so they get more medicine students.
anyone who knows anything about medicine would know how ridiculous this statement is. if u dont know anything about the profession please refrain from making uneducated assumptions. i dont know anything about vet science and hence i refrain from making assumptions. ur assumption that med science is the same as medicine in ur previous posts proves my point.

Dragonangel

HSC
The Bahai religion explicitly prohibits head-shaving. Sikhs take an even stronger stance, opposing all forms of hair removal. However, some surgeries require hair to be removed. Many forms of cancer require chemotherapy, which often causes severe and irregular hair loss.

Certain medical procedures involving blood are specifically prohibited by Jehovah's Witnesses' blood doctrine.

Muslims, Shintos, the Greek Orthodox Church, and Zoroastrians all have beliefs against autopsy.

Im sorry some of your points made sense but you can't say specific things are irrelevant just because you think they are.
I know, I meant in general.

not in comparison with medicine. no. students interested in med>>>>no. students interested in vet sci.

there may be heaps of students wanting vet, but compared to medicine, its a drop in the ocean. thats the reality. go search through the discussion boards in medicine/health sciences and see how many threads there are on getting into medicine, UMAT, UMAT prep courses, interviews, UMAT scores, cutoffs, med school comparisons etc etc. and then go search for threads on vet science (and please dont start one on ur own). which one is there more of?
What's your point? Are you saying more kids want to be a vet or go into medicine?

anyone who knows anything about medicine would know how ridiculous this statement is. if u dont know anything about the profession please refrain from making uneducated assumptions. i dont know anything about vet science and hence i refrain from making assumptions. ur assumption that med science is the same as medicine in ur previous posts proves my point.
How is that statement ridiculous? Just type up "Demand for doctors" on google and you get a whole list of things. Or, if you like; Let me google that for you

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
What's your point? Are you saying more kids want to be a vet or go into medicine?
oh wow. how did u get even get into vet science...sooooo thick...do i need to spell it out for u? i even stated
no. students interested in med>>>>no. students interested in vet sci.
How is that statement ridiculous? Just type up "Demand for doctors" on google and you get a whole list of things. Or, if you like; Let me google that for you
if ur just googling "demand for doctors" and basing ur opinions on that then i really have nothing more to add to my case. go out there and talk to a doctor.

Dragonangel

HSC
oh wow. how did u get even get into vet science...sooooo thick...do i need to spell it out for u? i even stated
"Also, on comprehension skills, are you so naive to think that an internet forum reflects people's academic ability? This would show a diminishment of logic on your behalf. Several of your posts consistently make attacks on people's abilities. Though in the post above your comparison of the vet's skills to the McDonald's worker was a logical fallicy."

Why not have a mature, distinguised and informative discussion?

What you were stating didn't make sense and was opposing your thoughts.

there may be heaps of students wanting vet, but compared to medicine, its a drop in the ocean.
Here you're admitting that more students want to be a vet than want to go in medicine. Well... then obviously the demand for medicine students would be even greater?

........= more medicine students wanted = more flexible entry

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
What you were stating didn't make sense and was opposing your thoughts.

FreshOffTheBoat said:
there may be heaps of students wanting vet, but compared to medicine, its a drop in the ocean.
Here you're admitting that more students want to be a vet than want to go in medicine. Well... then obviously the demand for medicine students would be even greater?
LOL wtf. ummm do u not understand the meaning of the phrase? want me to explain?

drop (vet) compared to ocean (med) in terms of numbers.

EDIT: i hope u get my point now about comprehension skills.

Last edited:

Dosu

HSC
N/A
lol at the people think the UMAT + interview is a cake walk

getting a high UMAT score is EASILY harder than a high TER. it's arguable whether you can prepare for the UMAT. many people who get 99.95 TER's (who prepare for UMAT may i a dd) totally fuck up the UMAT, but it's generally rarely the other way round (high UMAT low TER).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)