Ag Resources (1 Viewer)

EmilyX

HSC
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of some good ag resources that cover syllabus dot points? Had huge dramas with my class this year (long story) and pretty much have had to do them all myself :( anything especially websites would be great to help me fill gaps in my notes. Ps I'm doing the climate challenge option.

List of resources I have looked at include:

-Dynamic agriculture (book 3)
-Hsc online
-Senior australian agriculture

MrsA

HSC
N/A
Firstly I am very sorry that you had such a difficult time in Ag class this year. It can be tricky to manage on your own, so well done.
One of the most difficult aspects of going through the course alone is working out the depth of information that you need. The resources that you mention in your post are very good for indicating this as they have all been written by experienced NSW Ag teachers specifically for the NSW course. It is also useful to check the keywords used in the syllabus dot points against the keywords glossary on the BOS website. These keywords will also help you in the HSC exam to work out the type of answer you need to write. Practicing some past papers is also a good idea.
If you have access to a DET login you can go to the TaLe website and search for a free resource called HSC Agriculture. (It should come up at about number 5 in your search.) This resource was initially developed for Distance Education students, so is good for working alone. Unfortunately it is quite a large resource for you to work through with only weeks before the exam so I would suggest that you pinpoint areas of concern and concentrate there. You can locate information on specific areas by looking at the topic map in the teacher notes tab. This resource does not cover the electives as it was published before the electives were released by the BOS in the new syllabus.
There are some good resources online for the climate change elective. The most useful is probably the Bureau of Meteorology website. If you search the site you will find numerous pages that clearly explain concepts such as La Nina, El Nino, SOI etc. The new Climate Council website is worth a look. Also, for the impact of climate change on agriculture I like the new Southern Livestock Adaptation 2030 website where they link to some scientific reports if you do not have a research study. A free resource called Laptop wrap: Agriculture - research study is available to help you analyse your research study on the TaLe website (no DET login needed for this as it is not behind the firewall – go to Public section).

Send another message if you have any more specific questions.

Good luck.

EmilyX

HSC
Thank you so much. This really means a lot! My friend and I have worked hard over the year gathering as much as we can to cover the syllabus point by point, but we have found there are not many resources compared to other subjects. We really just need to fill in the gaps, especially with the option topic. Thanks once again for the links and advice, I'm glad there are people out there such as yourself who are kind enough to give their time and knowledge to help others. :)

Last edited:

Summer13

HSC
Hi,

Check the resource tab @ top of pg. I found some xcellent revision notes there! Good luck in your hsc :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)