scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Abortions for some

Miniature American flags for others!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
people who say "oh what about rape" or "what if the condom broke" etc are missing the point.

pregnancy due to rape is the definite minority of cases. so is one due to a broken condom.
if a woman doesn't want to have a baby she shouldn't have to.

speak

HSC
and this is why muslims are da best

if a girl gets pregnant muslims get the youngest member of the family to do an honor killing so he doesn't have a criminal record later on in life and it kills the whore + the baby. 2 for the price of one.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ms Alleycat is right.

The biggest thing that will happen to my body, the most important decision of my life should not be forced upon me by a broken condom.

Individuals may not like abortion, and that's fine for them, don't get one. But women must have a right to choose.

Lentern

HSC
and this is why religion is shit

do we have a shortage of people in the world? um no
having a child is life changing and women shouldn't be forced to change their lives because of a mistake simply because god says so. isn't god into 'forgiveness' anyway??
Has nothing to do with religious beliefs it a scientific a argument held by a religious organisation. The religious/moralistic claim is that killing human lives is bad; the scientific dispute is where it becomes a human life. With the greatest respect to the church they are wrong but this is not religious dogma however obscene a stance it may seem.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I seriously don't get the "abortion is okay for rape cases but not for dumb teens who don't use condoms" argument. If you think that a foetus = human life and yet you're okay with abortion in rape/incest cases then you're essentially condoning murder (by your own moral code, not mine). Might as well be consistent about it and just deal with abortion on demand. If you believe that a foetus is a human life in the first place then IMO there's nothing really to show that a foetus which is the product of a rape is any less of a human life than the product of two seventeen year olds who forgot the condoms. The difference lies in the attitude and situation of the potential mother, not the qualities of the respective embryos. So instead of inventing restrictions upon and justification for murder (a shady moral area at best), why not just acknowledge that the make-or-break factor in any abortion case is what the potential mother wants to do?

IMO, essentially the "no abortion for forgetting to use protection" argument boils down to "You fucked up, made a stupid mistake and this child, this human being - which you will either have to give away or be responsible for forever - is your punishment". That doesn't seem like an attitude which displays a lot of respect for the sanctity of life to me.

Also, how to go about proving that rape/incest actually took place? Because if you want to do it right there should probably be a trial and they can last way longer than the 24 week window which is preferred in the USA and can also go for longer than 9 months even. Plus, restricting abortions doesn't stop desperate people from having them, it just means they'll have them in an unsanitised room, without a licensed medical professional and at great personal risk.

But personally I don't think that an embryo counts as a human life, so abort away.

xmangx

HSC
N/A
yeh but, if thats murder, so is the release of sperm

Scorch

HSC
Has nothing to do with religious beliefs it a scientific a argument held by a religious organisation. The religious/moralistic claim is that killing human lives is bad; the scientific dispute is where it becomes a human life. With the greatest respect to the church they are wrong but this is not religious dogma however obscene a stance it may seem.
I actually agree with you at this point, to an extent ... however it is a semi-religious notion in that it is fueled by the idea that God has a plan for every single human being that is brought into the world, and it is upon this premise that religious opposition to abortion has been based; it is just on this issue that their mythological view actually intersects with reality, thus the problems raised.

Yet it is this misunderstanding of scientific principle that, let's face it, is not uncommon in religious dogma that leads to many problems re: abortion and women's rights in many parts of America, places like Africa and also the Middle East.

The road out of poverty is lined by the rights of women to control their own bodies, amongst other things, and not having children that they cannot care for or were not given the choice of bringing into the world simply exacerbates the situation, as well as showing a blatantly misogynistic attitude regarding their control over their own bodies.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha troll thread guys!

ubernuton

HSC
did you ever watch meaning of life, there's one song in it i love, because if you consider a fetus a life, why not every sperm, i mean sure everytime people have a wank there killing millions off kids, beside the planet is overpopulated if you have a kid these days chances are they will starve to death, so you want people to have kids even if they are going to have a fucked up shity life.
in that case it is you who is inhumain

badquinton304

HSC
The username, dp, hsc 2011, gender female. Its a common type of troll pretending to be a stupid little girl.

minhinnick

HSC
Trying to justify abortion will always end in a philosophical argument in my opinion.
IF our lives hold no value and IF we were not created by an all-knowing being then what makes abortion wrong?

Abort73.com | Facebook

HSC
Uni Grad
Derp, obvs troll thread but good to see that people understand it to be perfectly acceptable and what not.

minhinnick

HSC
did you ever watch meaning of life, there's one song in it i love, because if you consider a fetus a life, why not every sperm, i mean sure everytime people have a wank there killing millions off kids, beside the planet is overpopulated if you have a kid these days chances are they will starve to death, so you want people to have kids even if they are going to have a fucked up shity life.
in that case it is you who is inhumain
hahahaha??

The sperm has not met with the ovum and consequently created a fetus.
An ovum is not a human life. Sperm is not a human life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)