Aganist abortion (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
I actually agree with you at this point, to an extent ... however it is a semi-religious notion in that it is fueled by the idea that God has a plan for every single human being that is brought into the world, and it is upon this premise that religious opposition to abortion has been based; it is just on this issue that their mythological view actually intersects with reality, thus the problems raised.

Yet it is this misunderstanding of scientific principle that, let's face it, is not uncommon in religious dogma that leads to many problems re: abortion and women's rights in many parts of America, places like Africa and also the Middle East.

The road out of poverty is lined by the rights of women to control their own bodies, amongst other things, and not having children that they cannot care for or were not given the choice of bringing into the world simply exacerbates the situation, as well as showing a blatantly misogynistic attitude regarding their control over their own bodies.
The church may indeed have religious opposition to abortion as well but the whole "abortion is murder" sentiment which is held by the church is scientific. It's got nothing to do with catholic dogma, it is a heavilly contested area of science where atheists and scientists a like have been known to agree with the church. My opinion is that the church's perception is wrong but I don't agree with what you've suggested in that the results are in and their understanding of the science is completely incorrect.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Use the foetus' stem cells for research.

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. So don't download a baby. I mean don't kill a foetus.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Okay i just finished my speech on abortion, and i have to say i'm 100% against abortion.
Abortion is a crime against god and human kind, it's just another word for murder becuase that's what it means : the killing of an unborn child.
In other words an innocent life is paid for the mistake that you did.
Many women out there have medical issues which stop them from reproducing, so why kill a life of a child but instead give the child a home in which they would be loved and cared for.
so how else is with me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

yeah_boy

HSC
Birth ruins a good pussy, makes it loose 'n' shit.
LOL thumbs up!

It creates what I call a "vaganus" during birth :D

I hate children, I'd go to Russia for a late 8 month abortion if for some reason that was the case with me.

yeah_boy

HSC
I seriously don't get the "abortion is okay for rape cases but not for dumb teens who don't use condoms" argument. If you think that a foetus = human life and yet you're okay with abortion in rape/incest cases then you're essentially condoning murder (by your own moral code, not mine). Might as well be consistent about it and just deal with abortion on demand. If you believe that a foetus is a human life in the first place then IMO there's nothing really to show that a foetus which is the product of a rape is any less of a human life than the product of two seventeen year olds who forgot the condoms. The difference lies in the attitude and situation of the potential mother, not the qualities of the respective embryos. So instead of inventing restrictions upon and justification for murder (a shady moral area at best), why not just acknowledge that the make-or-break factor in any abortion case is what the potential mother wants to do?

IMO, essentially the "no abortion for forgetting to use protection" argument boils down to "You fucked up, made a stupid mistake and this child, this human being - which you will either have to give away or be responsible for forever - is your punishment". That doesn't seem like an attitude which displays a lot of respect for the sanctity of life to me.

Also, how to go about proving that rape/incest actually took place? Because if you want to do it right there should probably be a trial and they can last way longer than the 24 week window which is preferred in the USA and can also go for longer than 9 months even. Plus, restricting abortions doesn't stop desperate people from having them, it just means they'll have them in an unsanitised room, without a licensed medical professional and at great personal risk.

But personally I don't think that an embryo counts as a human life, so abort away.
That puzzles me too. or when people say ABORTION IS MURDER, oh but if the foetus has down syndrome then it's acceptable.. sooo killing an intellectually disabled does not constitute murder now does it?

I don't think abortion is murder either way but people who say it is then exempt certain circumstances are dumb.

ubernuton

HSC
hahahaha??

The sperm has not met with the ovum and consequently created a fetus.
An ovum is not a human life. Sperm is not a human life.
why not, how does that make it any more of human life and how is human life more sacred. in that case are you aposed to all war, are you funnel food of your own plate to african nations, are you pouring every cent of your money toward cureing desiese, so why, why wont you do everything else to stop people dieing, hell i bet your one of those people that support the death penality but considers themself a "pro-lifer"

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
do you believe aborted babies go to heaven?

why not abort all babies? Why risk them becoming godless immoral scum and going to hell?

Scorch

HSC
The church may indeed have religious opposition to abortion as well but the whole "abortion is murder" sentiment which is held by the church is scientific. It's got nothing to do with catholic dogma, it is a heavilly contested area of science where atheists and scientists a like have been known to agree with the church. My opinion is that the church's perception is wrong but I don't agree with what you've suggested in that the results are in and their understanding of the science is completely incorrect.
Yes, it is a scientific claim, but as many scientific claims by religious organisations is motivated by their desire to make reality fit with their mythological conceptions of it; it cannot be excused as a simple scientific mistake with no ulterior motive - it is a scientific misunderstanding motivated by religious ends.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you trying to troll or something?

I believe abortion should be available. Women should be able to make a choice about whether to carry a baby in their body. Why bring a child into the world if they are not going to be loved/cared for or have an extreme disability? Or the child is a traumatic reminder of rape? Does she even need a reason (I'm against people using it because they failed to use contraception) but people base their decisions on alot of things.

Oh and are you against "abortion" when they use it for stem cells? Which help people improve their quality of life.

Your argument about women who can't have children is silly. Yay let's have more children when the world is already overpopulated and so many children are forced to live in orphanages? Most abortions are performed when the embryo is nowhere near viable and it's really just a hunk of cells.

Lentern

HSC
Yes, it is a scientific claim, but as many scientific claims by religious organisations is motivated by their desire to make reality fit with their mythological conceptions of it; it cannot be excused as a simple scientific mistake with no ulterior motive - it is a scientific misunderstanding motivated by religious ends.
We'll never know for certain how innocent the interpretation is, you may be right and have every right to believe it to be true but ultimately it'll never be more than an educated guess.

Scorch

HSC
We'll never know for certain how innocent the interpretation is, you may be right and have every right to believe it to be true but ultimately it'll never be more than an educated guess.
Well, I just go off their track record.

kathrinn

HSC
Personally im for abortion in cases of rape, disability or if the child's going to be raised in fucked up circumstances.
But for convenience, the woman's "right to her own body", well maybs you shouldve used some contraception douche. Abortion shouldnt be for convenience, that shit is fucked.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Abortion shouldnt be for convenience, that shit is fucked.
Why? It's just the removal of an unwanted mass of parasitic cells. It's okay to remove benign tumours, and use antibiotics when we have non life-threatening bacterial infections.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
Personally im for abortion in cases of rape, disability or if the child's going to be raised in fucked up circumstances.
But for convenience, the woman's "right to her own body", well maybs you shouldve used some contraception douche. Abortion shouldnt be for convenience, that shit is fucked.
people still get pregnant when using contraception, even the pill.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
if you think a woman is irresponsible for bumping uglies without a condom, just wait til she tries to keep track of her FAS baby whilst giving a jobby to keiran off the princes highway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)