Aganist abortion (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
people still get pregnant when using contraception, even the pill.

Yeah people don't seem to get this.

You can be as careful as you like, but condoms break, pills can fail, hell I read a story where a woman had HAD HER TUBES TIED and she still got pregnant.

But it shouldn't matter why the woman wants an abortion. If she chooses not to go through with the pregnancy, that's up to her. If you think a foetus is a human life and abortion is wrong, it shouldn't matter how it was created, even if it was by rape or incest.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Okay i just finished my speech on abortion, and i have to say i'm 100% against abortion.
Abortion is a crime against god and human kind, it's just another word for murder becuase that's what it means : the killing of an unborn child.
In other words an innocent life is paid for the mistake that you did.
Many women out there have medical issues which stop them from reproducing, so why kill a life of a child but instead give the child a home in which they would be loved and cared for.
so how else is with me?
You call getting rid of a few grams of cells murder? I pity you.

Birth ruins a good pussy, makes it loose 'n' shit.
Trudat.

Rights of person > rights of parasitic and dependant foetus.
:D

Personally im for abortion in cases of rape, disability or if the child's going to be raised in fucked up circumstances.
But for convenience, the woman's "right to her own body", well maybs you shouldve used some contraception douche. Abortion shouldnt be for convenience, that shit is fucked.
I don't know ANY women who would prefer to have a D&C or D&X over using contraception, you fool.

Yo1anda

HSC
brb banning abortions so women get back alley ones

HSC
I'm pro-choice, not anti-life, as they say.

I do feel that the fetus's potential life should be taken into consideration to some degree. That said, I feel that a woman whose life is already firmly established, who has however many years of life experience, etc. etc. should be given precedence over a being that does not, as yet, have any of the complexities that she does.

I know that sounds callous, in a way, and I personally feel pretty uncomfortable with the thought of abortion; my stomach squirms at the thought of it.

But intellectually, I feel that women should have the choice. Especially as no-one can know what is right for them in their situations except the women themselves.

No-one should be obliged to go through with a pregnancy and birth as determined by someone else's moral imperative, just as no-one should be obliged to live life as a heterosexual person because others think it is the 'right' way to live, or that indigenous people should do away with their customs in favour of a Western way of life...blah, blah, blah, etc. etc.

You get my drift. Lol.

BradCube

HSC
So a while back, when abortion threads on BoS were all the rage, it motivated me to write a paper outlining my pro-life position. Unfortunately, by the time I had finished writing the paper all the threads had subsided and there was no good reason to post it. However, being that another one has come to the surface, it seems like as good an opportunity as any to share it with others and get some responses.

A bit of info. Many on here will know that I am a christian. However, this paper has been written to be accessible to any person irrespective of religious or non-religious belief. That being the case, I have intentionally avoided making this a christian paper on abortion. Rather, it should be looked at as a paper on abortion written by a christian. You will find no bible verses or moral duties commanded by God anywhere within.

I realize the issue is a sensitive one no matter how it is phrased. I expect that this could cause some emotional reactions even though I have tried to be as straight forward as is possible. It's a bit of a read (17 pages) but it covers a fair bit of ground and includes some practical application too. :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
So a while back, when abortion threads on BoS were all the rage, it motivated me to write a paper outlining my pro-life position. Unfortunately, by the time I had finished writing the paper all the threads had subsided and there was no good reason to post it. However, being that another one has come to the surface, it seems like as good an opportunity as any to share it with others and get some responses.

A bit of info. Many on here will know that I am a christian. However, this paper has been written to be accessible to any person irrespective of religious or non-religious belief. That being the case, I have intentionally avoided making this a christian paper on abortion. Rather, it should be looked at as a paper on abortion written by a christian. You will find no bible verses or moral duties commanded by God anywhere within.

I realize the issue is a sensitive one no matter how it is phrased. I expect that this could cause some emotional reactions even though I have tried to be as straight forward as is possible. It's a bit of a read (17 pages) but it covers a fair bit of ground and includes some practical application too. :)
This whole post is utter shit. You believe in this retarded 'pro-life' because you are a Christian, not because you've received an objective education on the topic. You cannot present a properly informed position on this topic if you speak from an active/faithful Christian background. All you had to say was "I'm a Christian" and everyone would already know what you were going to write.

Ziva

Banned
HSC
The conservative/anti-abortion argument collapses because the argument ignores the rights of the mother, which exposes the contradiction in the position. If the child's right to its life is absolute, this must come at the expense of the mother's equal right to her life, even requiring the forced suppression of her rights for the duration of an unwanted, nonconsensual pregnancy. Is it just to enslave a women against her will, to place a child's rights above a women's without her consent?

Obviously, this is unjust to the mother, who it must be granted possesses superior prior rights to her life than those of the child's to its life, because the child is a secondary presence, or in more stark and perhaps distasteful language, the child, whether planned or unplanned, is, biologically speaking, a parasite on its host, the mother, regardless of whether or not she consents to its presence until it is able to survive outside the womb. Weebies takes exception to the comparison of a pregnancy to a parasitic infection, but nonetheless, the cases are similar in that one biological organism is utterly dependent on its host for its life functions. However, comparing a embryo to a parasite does not translate to a legitimate view of adults or even children as parasites worthy of extermination, as they are, unlike embryos, biologically independent beings who possess full rights to their bodies.

The argument of the pro-life/anti-choice movement could also be extended to apply to what many of them would likely oppose in other areas, such as labor competition and free markets. By repealing a woman's de facto ownership over her own body and making it subordinate to legislatures and courts, it would attack the key achievement that distinguishes modern man from previous societies, namely, that a human being controls his own labor and chooses his own avenues to contribute to society and does not exist as the property of governments and a ruling caste of either church or state that claims sole authority over the lives of the lower classes.

People who say you may have just killed the next "mighty leader" are silly, because we may have just prevented the next Stalin or Hitler.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

My disagreement with your essay stems from the premise you fail to elaborate on here:

"Fortunately, it seems that most people agree that human beings have intrinsic value or worth (whether objective or otherwise), at least to some degree."

I certainly agree that an adult human has intrinsic value. However what you've failed to explore is why do people believe this. Why do you think this is?

There are irrational, emotive answers- the appeal to protection of your genes etc... But emotion on it's own provides no decent justification for any ethical action.

I think the rational response is, the higher intrinsic worth granted to humans, comes from their demonstrated higher qualities. A human only has more value than any other animal due to it's superior abilities and cognition.

Now, what happens when something that may be genetically homo sapien, does not hold these qualities? I don't see any decent reason why the possession of a particular sequence of nucleotides in the nucleus of your cells is any decent reason for an organism to be held in special regard.

mes ami

HSC
Our population is too high. It is a good thing we can abort. The last thing we need is more incompetent parents/people not ready for children/people that can not support children wasting resources. Our bodies. Our choice. End of story.

mes ami

HSC
Do you think down syndromes have a lesser right to procreate? Does a child have more right to live than a down syndrome has to produce life?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
People with Down's are mostly infertile, aren't they?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Do the children of Down's syndrome folks have Down's as well?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Do the children of Down's syndrome folks have Down's as well?
It's actually 50/50. Very, very, very rarely can men with Down Syndrome father children like I think the number is somewhere within the ranges of the fingers on my hands.

It's interesting because with chicks who have Down Syndrome, if the pregnancy goes to term there is a 50/50 chance the child will have Down Syndrome, yet if it's trisomy 21 it's not actually an inheritable disease yet the risk is 50%

OoOoO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)