Age Difference (1 Viewer)

Do you have a preference of how much older/younger someone is that you go out with?

• Yes; they have to be the SAME age!

Votes: 48 2.8%
  • No; I don;t mind!

Votes: 655 38.3%
  • Yes; no more than a year younger/older than me!

Votes: 594 34.8%
  • I like older/younger men/women!

Votes: 411 24.1%

• Total voters

evil_kitten

HSC
yea when you get older it doesnt really seem to matter as much..
True. I mean, the 12 years between me and my bf causes some huge outrage, yet if it was a couple that was 40/52 or something, nobody would actually care.

allzy

HSC
How much does age matter?

How older than yourselves would you date a person?
I heard a really good rule for this problem, the younger of the two must be:

"Half your age plus seven"

Personally I wouldn't live by that rule, but its good if you feel that some guideline is necessary :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
While it isn't all about the number/age difference and more about maturity most young people think they are mature. That is why it seems to be less unacceptable for the age difference to be larger when the people are older, the combination of maturity and increased life experience means that people are better able to deal with relationships in particular where there is an age difference. The other thing to keep in mind is that it is also about the place you both are in life, a 30/40 year old are likely to be wanting to do the same things and both working/wanting get married have kids etc however while a 14 year old is still in school etc a 24 year old will be studying/working/looking to buy a place etc.

Age is important to an extend, particularly when those are involved are younger, actual maturity and life experience is also important.

heidikins

HSC
I don't mind. Age is just a number. ;) It's the feelings that matter. :)
Although, I do find it a bit unusual in some cases. My best friend's parent's are 20 years apart. If they met in school, his Dad would've been finished High School when his Mum hadn't even started Primary School! :uhoh:

pman

Banned
HSC
I don't mind. Age is just a number. ;) It's the feelings that matter. :)
Although, I do find it a bit unusual in some cases. My best friend's parent's are 20 years apart. If they met in school, his Dad would've been finished High School when his Mum hadn't even started Primary School! :uhoh:
Or even been born!

Guesss

HSC
I hate all the issues surrounding the age difference, say wat u like, but i cud do up to 10 years older! lol

like i've met ppl who are 26, are hot look 21, are smart, intelligent, nice cars etc etc stable and theres nufing wrong wif it i dnt think! :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I hate all the issues surrounding the age difference, say wat u like, but i cud do up to 10 years older! lol

like i've met ppl who are 26, are hot look 21, are smart, intelligent, nice cars etc etc stable and theres nufing wrong wif it i dnt think! :D
That does not mean you'll have stuff in common, you've talked about appearance and the fact they have money/cars

Guesss

HSC
Yeh well, ofcourse appearance is important, BUT ur right and i didnt mention anything else, but honestly i met a 26 yo and we were conversing really well at a gathering, i proceeded to see him a few times and went well, till relatives got involved cause they'd heard some "bad" stuff about him :(

And, note: this 26yo along with another 25 yo both guessed i was 21, so i think i can safely say, i dont act my age wen im out!

lol and hectic lowie, grow up srsly! :D I feel v. sorry for u! lol

Just because i like 'mature' guys and u may prefer losers wif raging hormones (looking for a hectic lowie to 'save' *ahem* them) doesnt mean u have to go around getting pissed off! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)