Age Difference (1 Viewer)

Do you have a preference of how much older/younger someone is that you go out with?

• Yes; they have to be the SAME age!

Votes: 48 2.8%
  • No; I don;t mind!

Votes: 655 38.4%
  • Yes; no more than a year younger/older than me!

Votes: 593 34.7%
  • I like older/younger men/women!

Votes: 411 24.1%

• Total voters

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd only date someone 16-20.
Younger is weird and illegal and older is weird.

I Study Hard

HSC
I don't think age matters too much except in certain cases where the difference is ridiculous.
Eg. A friend of mine is seeing a guy who is 20 years older then her and has two kids over the age of 10. My friend is not even 20 yet, so he's already more than twice her age.

I think an age difference of upto 10 years is fine, maybe even 15 (if you're older and on the same page as your partner).

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I don't think age matters too much except in certain cases where the difference is ridiculous.
Eg. A friend of mine is seeing a guy who is 20 years older then her and has two kids over the age of 10. My friend is not even 20 yet, so he's already more than twice her age.

I think an age difference of upto 10 years is fine, maybe even 15 (if you're older and on the same page as your partner).
obviously depends on how old people are, like if a guy is still early 20s, age difference of up to 10 is lolwat

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
I think the more correct term would be Age percentage diffrence. e.g. if your 16 the age diffrence would be a year or two max. If your 20 than maybe 3-4.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Doesn't matter how many tears gap to have a relationship. cause love does not count years. it counts forever.
Technically, with your logic. a 60+year old could fancy a 5 year old and it would be right. Dayummm... don't go preachin' man

dakotah

HSC
Somebody in Year 11 last year dated a Year 8 :lol:
He was 16 she was 14.
Happens all of the time at my school O_O

I'm eighteen next month and my boyfriend is twenty six. He lives in adelaide as an added bonus. So my stance on age differences are null since I can't exactly comment. However I do think that once you get to a certain age/maturity level, it becomes okay for larger age gaps.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Happens all of the time at my school O_O

I'm eighteen next month and my boyfriend is twenty six. He lives in adelaide as an added bonus. So my stance on age differences are null since I can't exactly comment. However I do think that once you get to a certain age/maturity level, it becomes okay for larger age gaps.
That's really messed up. 1/2 age + 7 is how young you can go, he can only go to 20.

Annihilist

HSC
If both parties are consenting then why is it a problem? You can judge all you want but if a 17 year old is with a 29 year old and they are both happy together, leave them the fuck alone.

Annihilist

HSC
That's really messed up. 1/2 age + 7 is how young you can go, he can only go to 20.
The fact that you think you have the right to label another couple's relationship as "messed up" is more messed up than the relationship itself.

My opinion.

ClassOf2013

HSC
Particularly in high school, one of the reasons girls go for guys older than them is status amongst their friends. I was talking to a girl in year 8 yesterday and she told me that having a boyfriend who was a senior (ie year 11 and 12) was like the ultimate status symbol in year 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)