Agrippina the Younger (1 Viewer)

sharp_pencil

HSC
10 marks for her murder and the reason is just bullshit.. the 15marker was pretty hard if ur really want 15/15 ... prolly get 18/25 for this section -.-

harryc

HSC
I was really happy with how I went in this section - although I realised after that I got how she actually died wrong, but hey, that's what positive marking is for! And yeah, the second question was fine. I managed to six pages out of it, which I was really happy with.

HailSatan

HSC
I found it really hard to write alot for the second question.. I think I just ended up saying the same shit over and over in a different way.

k150764

HSC
The reasons forher death came out like in last year or the year beforeso i didn't study for it..and it came out and i was fully shitting myself through thisi hated the question..i had to make stuff up

Venom.

HSC
I was set for the 15 marker, but I ran short of time a bit. I just wrote down three interpretations from the ancient sources (Tacitus, Suetonius, Dio) and three from modern intepretations, and applied them to an example (Agrippina relationship with Claudius) Pretty good - maybe's 13-14/15 if I'm lucky.

sharp_pencil

HSC
Did anyone manage to write about how she could fit an entire cow in her vagina?

Blobulator

HSC
Did anyone manage to write about how she could fit an entire cow in her vagina?
Indeed. What?

As for the section... I could've done so much better if I hadn't left this section until last. Felt fairly confident in the other three but then was running slightly short on time, so I had to rush. Would've preferred an Agrippina's relationship with [X] question but can't complain, I still have enough of an idea of the circumstances and motives of her death.

As for interpretations, again, I could've done WAY better on this one if I had more time. I knew so much to plug into this question... but had to cut a lot of quotes and things to make sure I got down all the varied interpretations. Got in Tacitus, Suetonius, Bauman, Barrett, Leadbetter, Susan Wood, Ferrero, plus the coins and things for pictorial interpretations. Would've put a modern filmic interpretation like I, Claudius too if I got time but that had to be cut due to time issues. Probably the weakest of my four sections since I did it last but the questions were fair.

Last edited:

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Yeah I waffled on the first, but it was explain so it was ok. It was just everyone felt threatened because of her over controlling rubbish, LOL I put in lots of incest quotes to how her control 'in the bedroom' over Nero. Probs 7/10 2nd was sweet as, it was our trial and I got 13/15 for that. So expecting 14/15 to full marks.

chaldoking

HSC
I wrote 14 pages for this section all together. The HSC advice line woman said to write 3 pages maximum for 15 marker and 1.5 pages for the 10 marker - which I thought was absurd. I just did 2 ancient and 2 modern interpretations. Was not prepared for her death as much as I wanted to be - but it was okay in the end. :)

pattie_d

HSC
Q1) I studied the exact same question the night before. Also my English teacher, who also have taught Ancient History gave me his notes, and it stated exactly the HOW and WHY. :)

Q2) Same shit, more info :p

williamcarr1991

HSC
these questions were awesome.

the second one favoured extension history students a bit. changing interpretations over time... hopefully i got a 21/22 out of 25

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
i liked the last section... a fairly easy essay to churn out..
it didn't ask for any horrible analysis of whatever relating to it :]
yay! it's over!
but i wasn't impressed with the death thing.. i had so many better things to write about!
i ended up structuring my essay on that beginning at 38 AD :p haha

live.life

HSC
I was VERY lucky. They were our trial questions, and it was almost word for word.

Q2 was perfect for History Ext students.

I know Q1 came up recently, but I guess it shows what the BoardOS people have been saying this year - learn the course, not the essays or guess the questions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)