• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

aircon trains (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Not when I'm wanting a train! :(

Fuckers must be anti-me :(
anytime i go to wolli creek, without fail, there's a millenium train there to take me back to campbelltown. it sucks because i have long legs that don't agree with the millenium trains.

makes me very angry. :mad:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
The Illawarra line gets Millennium trains in the morning though which I get to catch to uni :)
No you dont, the Illawara Line doesn't get any Millenium trains as the guards/drivers aren't trained to operate it.

The Milleniums only operate on Sector 2 (ie. Airport/East Hills, South, Bankstown, Inner West Line).

Again, the Milleniums don't usually operate on the North Shore/Western Lines as there are very limited drivers trained for it, unless there is trackwork on the lines it usually operates on, and because one broke down at Milsons Point going towards Hornsby before afternoon peak.

Only about 30% of North Shore trains are non airconditioned.

And yes there are timetabled air conditioned runs but they are subjected to change.

scarybunny said:
But yes, they're in the middle of retrofitting aircon to trains so just bring a bottle of water in the meantime.
No they're not, the S sets (the non a/c'ed 'tin boxes') are subjected to being scrapped around 2012, and will be replaced by 'PPP cars' (A sets).

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
jm01 said:
No you dont, the Illawara Line doesn't get any Millenium trains as the guards/drivers aren't trained to operate it.

The Milleniums only operate on Sector 2 (ie. Airport/East Hills, South, Bankstown, Inner West Line).
Uh. Yeah I do. The 7:34am train from Central to Wollongong is a Millenium train. Has been all year. There are also a number of Millenium trains that run from the Central to Wollongong in the afternoon/evenings.

Again, the Milleniums don't usually operate on the North Shore/Western Lines as there are very limited drivers trained for it, unless there is trackwork on the lines it usually operates on, and because one broke down at Milsons Point going towards Hornsby before afternoon peak.
During evening peak hour there are a handful of Millenium trains that run from Central along the North Shore line to Wyong/Gosford.

Where are you getting your information? I'm actually riding these trains.

Roga

HSC
Tulipa said:
Uh. Yeah I do. The 7:34am train from Central to Wollongong is a Millenium train. Has been all year. There are also a number of Millenium trains that run from the Central to Wollongong in the afternoon/evenings.

During evening peak hour there are a handful of Millenium trains that run from Central along the North Shore line to Wyong/Gosford.

Where are you getting your information? I'm actually riding these trains.
I think you're talking about the new OSCAR trains... they look similar to millenium but are different.

Roga

HSC
Tulipa said:
I'm pretty sure both trains operate on both lines... I know for sure that it's Millenium trains that run from Central along the North Shore line during peak hour.
Well if Millenium trains do run on North Shore, then they would appear on the Western Line. I havn't seen a Millenium on the Western for a while...

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Roga said:
Well if Millenium trains do run on North Shore, then they would appear on the Western Line. I havn't seen a Millenium on the Western for a while...
Alot of them terminate in central, or take city circle and head off elsewhere.

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Davo1111 said:
davo dinkum, are you still on the bong?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Tulipa, I have a sneaking suspicion now that Roga has mentioned it, all the "Millenniums" on the North Shore line are actually Oscars. The train that goes from Wyong to Central in the morning (arrives Central at 8:38) is an Oscar. I also think the evening service at 5:41 from Redfern to Gosford is an Oscar.

On the topic of aircon trains, catch trains often enough and you'll know. I have seen a few Tangaras on Western line services in the evening at Redfern, round about 5:20 onwards.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
You are talking about the South Coast Line, and they're not Millenium trains, they're H sets (OSCARS - Outer Suburban CARs).

Again, they're OSCARs.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Milleniums don't operate on North Shore, unless if there's trackwork any of the Sector 2 Lines, see my previous post. It's an OSCAR that you're seeing.
Tulipa said:
I'm pretty sure both trains operate on both lines... I know for sure that it's Millenium trains that run from Central along the North Shore line during peak hour.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Davo1111 said:
What the hell are you talking about?

Personally I don't like Tangaras as they have serious problems with their airconditioning system. It's not uncommon for their airconditioning to fail, and all different carriages often are different temperatures so if I find a carriage to be uncomfortably hot then I move to another carriage and problem solved.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Yeah not to mention their irreversible seating and the squeaking that happens in the vestibule.

Most (like nearly all) of the accidents that Tangaras have been involved in have resulted in them tipping over.

Oh and for the City Circle, a train coming from the Bankstown Line goes around the City Circle via the inner loop (ie. via Museum - Central Platform 20/21) and then becomes the Inner West Line and returns to Central Platform 19.

A train coming from the Inner West Line (ie. via Town Hall - Central Platform 17) goes around the City Circle via the outer loop and becomes the Bankstown Line and returns to Central Platform 22.

A train coming from the Airport and East Hills line goes around the City Circle via the inner loop and then turns into the South Line and returns to Central Platform 19.

A train coming from the South Line goes around the City Circle via the outer loop and turns into the Airport and East Hills Line and returns to Central Platform 23.

Last edited:

Roga

HSC
jm01 said:
Yeah not to mention their irreversible seating and the seaking that happens in the vestibule.

Most (like nearly all) of the accidents that Tangaras have been involved in have resulted in them tipping over.
Seaking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)