$$ - aka What is your Traineeship Remuneration? (1 Viewer)

vinnyboy

HSC
nnp said:
I am not sure what will happen next, apart from the cocktail which will occur sometime...soon
I apply for Tax. and you?
Business assurance... i heard something about PwC giving us our contracts during the cocktail or some induction thing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
gpower said:
Deloitte is nice! We get an extra 24k over the 4 years (1k per subject at uni) Woot!
Wow you get $1k for every subject you pass?? Is this in addition to the standard pay rises you get? Or is this just a contractual promise to increase your pay from $30k to graduate salary over the time of your contract?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
seremify007 said:
Wow you get $1k for every subject you pass?? Is this in addition to the standard pay rises you get? Or is this just a contractual promise to increase your pay from $30k to graduate salary over the time of your contract?
Yeh that sounds like what it would be.

A $1,000 for every subject you pass on top of pay increases would be a bit rich.

roadcone

HSC
seremify007 said:
I suspect they are referring to the uplift to graduate salary also.

If indeed it is 1k for every subject you pass I would be seriously looking to find myself a job at deloitte.

div123

HSC
it is 1K for every subject in addition to pay rises. To help with books and all. Deloittte pays very well.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
div123 said:
it is 1K for every subject in addition to pay rises. To help with books and all. Deloittte pays very well.
Haha fair enough. Very geneous indeed.

We will just see what happens when it is actually time to pay those bonuses...

dils1989

dilssssssssssss
HSC
in regards to the deloitte bonuses - you dont just get given 1k... you will be allowed up to 1k AFTER you provide receipts of purchases.. so you will only get what you paid. and i also agree that 1k is A LOT and seems a bit too high.. atm im only getting 500 bux per semester... altogether... for textbooks plus 300 bux a yr for union fees.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
dils1989 said:
in regards to the deloitte bonuses - you dont just get given 1k... you will be allowed up to 1k AFTER you provide receipts of purchases.. so you will only get what you paid. and i also agree that 1k is A LOT and seems a bit too high.. atm im only getting 500 bux per semester... altogether... for textbooks plus 300 bux a yr for union fees.
Ohh right. That sounds better...I was struggling to believe that they would simply give every trainee $1000 for every subject they pass.

Most firms reimburse for text books and union fees.

dils1989

dilssssssssssss
HSC
Meads said:
Ohh right. That sounds better...I was struggling to believe that they would simply give every trainee $1000 for every subject they pass.

that is what my contract is with deloitte and i find it hard to believe that they would just throw money like that at cadets the first yr they take them.. altho all my terms are the same as the horwath ones.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Meads said:

ROFLMAO I didn't realise it was for textbooks/fees... I thought it was like a 'reward' kindof thing! And if you have to provide receipts....

... you can't make a profit unless you buy new books, sell them, and buy 2nd hand.

dils1989

dilssssssssssss
HSC
seremify007 said:
ROFLMAO I didn't realise it was for textbooks/fees... I thought it was like a 'reward' kindof thing! And if you have to provide receipts....

... you can't make a profit unless you buy new books, sell them, and buy 2nd hand.

we have to buy new books haha im pretty sure they dont reimburse you for 2nd hand books ? or that is wat i hear anyway im not 100% on that

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*shrugs* Some firms just give you an extra $$$ in your pay packet before uni begins and it's at your discretion how you choose to use it.

roadcone

HSC
seremify007 said:
*shrugs* Some firms just give you an extra $$$ in your pay packet before uni begins and it's at your discretion how you choose to use it.
yes.. best rort ever you take your money at the beginning of the semester and then expense claim your text books through your partner, best double dip ever.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
roadcone said:
yes.. best rort ever you take your money at the beginning of the semester and then expense claim your text books through your partner, best double dip ever.
lol... considering the textbook allowance is like.. $500... and if you're doing 2 subjects the books cost you <$200... why double dip for $400 p/a and risk looking like a cheapass if you get caught? ... not to mention making your future expense claims more likely to be scrutinized!

roadcone

HSC
seremify007 said:
lol... considering the textbook allowance is like.. $500... and if you're doing 2 subjects the books cost you <$200... why double dip for $400 p/a and risk looking like a cheapass if you get caught? ... not to mention making your future expense claims more likely to be scrutinized!
never going to caught. plus it essentially pays for a subject a semester.

div123

HSC
dils1989 said:
that is what my contract is with deloitte and i find it hard to believe that they would just throw money like that at cadets the first yr they take them.. altho all my terms are the same as the horwath ones.
\

went to the deloitte dinner and cheked yesterday, its 1K every subject u pass

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
instead of doing one 4cp, do two 2cp subjects. and you win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)