Album of the Decade? (1 Viewer)

L-esky

HSC
The first commercially succesful band to speak out against Bush as president? American Idiot was released 4 years into his term sweetheart.
yes, I realise that. Just because I don't listen to pretentious indie crap doesn't mean I'm completely stupid, but what I'm saying is, Green Day were the first I can think of (please give me an example of other mainstream artists who did so before them and I may be eating my words), who really made a statement. Sure, some indie band probably did so before then, but it wouldn't have made the impact on the greater society that American Idiot did. And anyway, it really was a defining album of the Bush years, whether it had been released at the start of his term, mid way through, or at the end is completely beside the point.
Just because they're a popular band doesn't take away from the fact that that album delivered a message and made a major impact not only within the 'punk' scene, but within the mainstream scene as well and not to mention it was a really good CD.

boris

Banned
HSC
yes, I realise that. Just because I don't listen to pretentious indie crap doesn't mean I'm completely stupid, but what I'm saying is, Green Day were the first I can think of (please give me an example of other mainstream artists who did so before them and I may be eating my words), who really made a statement. Sure, some indie band probably did so before then, but it wouldn't have made the impact on the greater society that American Idiot did. And anyway, it really was a defining album of the Bush years, whether it had been released at the start of his term, mid way through, or at the end is completely beside the point.
Just because they're a popular band doesn't take away from the fact that that album delivered a message and made a major impact not only within the 'punk' scene, but within the mainstream scene as well and not to mention it was a really good CD.

lol the dixie chicks. you know nothing. stop pretending.

Edit: lol you people are retards, its music, stop trying to me mad and show off you extensive knowledge of obscure indie shit and musical triva. Its not that hard, if it sounds good, listen to it. you dont have to justify yourselves lol.

to answer the question, parachutes by coldplay or you've come a long way baby by fatboy slim or whatever people say i am, thats what im not by the artic monkeys

Last edited:

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
funeral - arcade fire
kid a - radiohead
since i left you - avalanches
is this it - the strokes
madvillainy - madvillain

pick one

the 00's were a comparitively mediocre decade tbh

pretty sure you cant comment on other decades... as you were either too young or not even born to take note of the music industry... I dont think its the same listening to music out of context

Last edited:

johony

HSC
pretty sure you cant comment on other decades... as you were either too young or not even born to take note of the music industry... I dont think its the same listening to music out of context
mmm, i was basing it on the quality of music from other decades; context has influence, but i just looked at the actual music per se.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
agreed

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
wow fuck this is a hard one. choices for me would be

binary star - masters of the universe
masta ace - disposable arts
immortal technique - revolutionary vol 2
j dilla - donuts
az - the format
madvillain - madvillainy
nas - stillmatic
jurassic 5 - power in numbers

obviously more i could add just cant think of them now.
illmatic>stillmatic

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
its album of the decade not greatest albums ever.

illmatic is my fav album of all time.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
with that said, i think there needs to be a poll.
I think if there was a poll, it would be genre of music rather than actual album. that being said, i'm sure obscure indie shit in general would be the winner.

DanteEX

HSC
Discovery - Daft Punk
Parachutes - Coldplay
Silent Alarm - Bloc Party
Hot Fuss - The Killers
Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

Yeah, in that order I suppose

gurusson

HSC
beauty queen of only eighteen she
had some trouble with herseeelf
rants possibly right, the music of this decade isn't the best and that is one of the best songs i can think of. best album is definatly a best of frome the two proceeding decades like that u2 one. the best original of the decade could be all thr right reasons by nickelback tho

johony

HSC
rants possibly right, the music of this decade isn't the best and that is one of the best songs i can think of. Best album is definatly a best of frome the two proceeding decades like that u2 one. The best original of the decade could be all thr right reasons by nickelback tho
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

seriously now, that is fucking repulsive

edit:
http://www.viruscomix.com/page398.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ&NR

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
rants possibly right, the music of this decade isn't the best and that is one of the best songs i can think of. best album is definatly a best of frome the two proceeding decades like that u2 one. the best original of the decade could be all thr right reasons by nickelback tho

lol nickelback

johony

HSC
ska has to be the worst genre of music ever.
+1

not to mention the lamest
i can't listen to a minute of reel big fish without feeling terrible

actually, a portion of eurodance shit is much worse

Last edited:

isnice

HSC
dear science - tv on the radio
things fall apart - the roots

another two which would be up there. and i still think in rainbows is better than kid a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)