Album of the Decade? (1 Viewer)

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
at the moment I quite like Invaders Must Die, but thats probably only cause its fresh. doubt it would be my fav of this decade. Same with a few deadmau5 albums. But I am going to say.... Daft Punk - Alive

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Darkness - Permission to Land

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
yes, I realise that. Just because I don't listen to pretentious indie crap doesn't mean I'm completely stupid, but what I'm saying is, Green Day were the first I can think of (please give me an example of other mainstream artists who did so before them and I may be eating my words), who really made a statement. Sure, some indie band probably did so before then, but it wouldn't have made the impact on the greater society that American Idiot did. And anyway, it really was a defining album of the Bush years, whether it had been released at the start of his term, mid way through, or at the end is completely beside the point.
Just because they're a popular band doesn't take away from the fact that that album delivered a message and made a major impact not only within the 'punk' scene, but within the mainstream scene as well and not to mention it was a really good CD.
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Music | Pearl Jam Bush stunt angers fans

You're a twit.

L-esky

HSC
Well, I didn't know about that. I'm eating my words right now.
Still doesn't change the fact that American Idiot is one of the albums of the decade though.
You made your point, you proved me wrong, but personal attacks are unnecessary. I'm sure I could think of an insult to throw at you but I don't need to hide behind a computer screen and have a go at others to make myself feel better.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well, I didn't know about that. I'm eating my words right now.
Still doesn't change the fact that American Idiot is one of the albums of the decade though.
You made your point, you proved me wrong, but personal attacks are unnecessary. I'm sure I could think of an insult to throw at you but I don't need to hide behind a computer screen and have a go at others to make myself feel better.
Nor do I. Will give you a call next time I'm up in Goonellabah.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
my roommate just read that and wishes to spawn children with you.

still cant go past relationship command

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Placebo - Meds
Reel Big Fish - Favourite Noise
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Nine Inch Nails - Zero

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
The Libertines - Up The Bracket

it really started all the British indie stuff that has been so popular this decade.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
i haven't really listened to much stuff from this decade but my top five would be:

5. shugo tokumaru - night piece
4. supersilent - 6
3. the avalanches - since i left you
2. madvillain - madvillainy
1. j dilla - donuts

donuts and madvillainy are my two favourite albums of all time.

relationship of command and kid a deserve mentions, they're both really fine albums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)