Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar for major project???/ (1 Viewer)

stine03

HSC
hey. im not too sure which one to do my project on. Could someone suggest which one and a topic/question to do for it? any help would be appreciated. thanks =)

bored6

HSC
stine03 said:
hey. im not too sure which one to do my project on. Could someone suggest which one and a topic/question to do for it? any help would be appreciated. thanks =)
Neither, imo, as both are too commonly used; unless your going to take a unique approch to it. If you want your essay to stand out maybe you should consider another military leader who may not be as well documented. If by this point you havent already disgregarded my post; maybe you should look into the following less known and usually just as interesting military leaders:

Scipio Africanus

Hannibal Lecter

Gauis Marius

Phillip II

Vercingterox (sp)

etc etc.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
With Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar major projects people simply repeat whats to be covered in the ancient history personality sylabus. However, you can still get away with the topics depending on what you're planning to do (making sure it isn't just what is expected in the 2 unit course because of the board of studies audits your project for some reason you'd be screwed.) I managed to do Alexander the Great and scored pretty well as I took a new approach to the study showing how the potrayals of Alexander over time was a reflection of changing historical perpectives and what not. (My project is around these forums somewhere).

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
bored6 said:
Neither, imo, as both are too commonly used; unless your going to take a unique approch to it. If you want your essay to stand out maybe you should consider another military leader who may not be as well documented. If by this point you havent already disgregarded my post; maybe you should look into the following less known and usually just as interesting military leaders:

Scipio Africanus

Hannibal Lecter

Gauis Marius

Phillip II

Vercingterox (sp)

etc etc.
Lol...I think you've got the wrong hanibal there;)
(I just kicked hanibal and vercingetorix ass in Rome total war...I miss ancient history dammit)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Yeah Hannibal is never studied.

I would choose Scipio out of the suggestions above but out of your two Alexandria. Julius Ceaser is boring

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
Yeah Hannibal is never studied.
I was actually refering to the fact that he named the cannibal hannibal not the carthaginian general.

However - to bored6, what did you expect the project to be about with your suggestions? History extension isn't just a personality study...?

stine03

HSC
thanks for replies..
i eventually chose Julius Caesar and how interpretations of him have changed over time through ancient, medieval and modern texts/sources/writings.

any opinions/help on some varying interpretations. finding analysing the ancient writters work and getting a single opinion/view of Caesar..

bored6

HSC
ari89 said:
I was actually refering to the fact that he named the cannibal hannibal not the carthaginian general.

However - to bored6, what did you expect the project to be about with your suggestions? History extension isn't just a personality study...?
LOL ah I must've been pretty tired. I wasn't really suggesting much as I don't really like / know personality studies all too well. I know its not so I think just a plain study of Julius Caesar might not be histiographical enough.

zeltos

HSC
Julius Caesar for sure :)
try Mark Antonys famous speech, which you can analyse and construct yourself.
When i study it i found it quite interesting
goodluck.

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
i didn't think you could do Julius Caesar because he's a personality in the Ancient History course????

i'm confused

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What you can't do is something that considerably overlaps on the examinable course.

You can do a topic on the syllabus but not an examinable aspect of that course so doing something about the interpretations of a personality is fine but not if you are looking at some specific content based on the syllabus.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
stine03 said:
thanks for replies..
i eventually chose Julius Caesar and how interpretations of him have changed over time through ancient, medieval and modern texts/sources/writings.

any opinions/help on some varying interpretations. finding analysing the ancient writters work and getting a single opinion/view of Caesar..
Do it revere. How by looking at interpretations of Caesar you can see how changing trends in history have occurred as reflected by the view put forward. They way you're going fits into the ancient history caesar personality dot point of 'analyse ancient and modern interpretations' or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)