Aligned marks (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
the whole idea of alignment is to make marks comparable between years but the cutoffs are decided by boards of people who won’t always perfectly know exactly how students will actually perform so it doesn’t rlly

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
the whole idea of alignment is to make marks comparable between years but the cutoffs are decided by boards of people who won’t always perfectly know exactly how students will actually perform so it doesn’t rlly
i thought cutoffs would be decided after exam marks are collected and analysed with stats and stuff.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
no what i said proves thats not how alignment works
they dont stay consistent within years for some reason
e.g it was harder to get 96 aligned in 2022 than 2021 bc of raw mark differences and exam difficulty
i dont realy how exactly how it works but i just know the answer to your question is no lol
ask jimmy or smth
but maybe they'll try to correct the alignment this year and ensure scaling it back to normal.
cause nesa says they do alignment to compare exam performance across years. obviously this doesn't always work out

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Hold on how would u guys say the eng exams were compared to previous yrs? I feel like nesa went easy on us this yr, no comparisons for short answers, no excerpts for both paper 1 and 2 essays,, idk

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
lol dw im not expecting 98
its just i need english to do randomly well, cause its the most variable one and i need it to fix my atar
sometimes i'll just be doing nothing and i start thinking about english and the essays (ik i'm a loser), just need a decent mark so i can start tutoring for it so hopefully the alignment is good this year

Hold on how would u guys say the eng exams were compared to previous yrs? I feel like nesa went easy on us this yr, no comparisons for short answers, no excerpts for both paper 1 and 2 essays,, idk
comparable to 2019 imo but easier than 2020-22

Ritikthegoat

HSC
Can someone tell me roughly what these raw marks will align to
  • English--> 87
  • Math advanced -->72
  • Biology --> 87
  • Chemistry-->84
  • Physics--> 78

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
how do you even predict raw marks i tried to do it with chem using peak sols but it just feels kinda subjective like it depends what the marking criteria says so i just have one range of what mark i probably got

carrotsss

HSC
how do you even predict raw marks i tried to do it with chem using peak sols but it just feels kinda subjective like it depends what the marking criteria says so i just have one range of what mark i probably got
for quantitive qs it’s pretty clear, for qualitative qs I feel like you get a sort of intuition for how many marks you’d get after a while seeing so many marking criteria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)