All Busses prepaid as of 6th April (1 Viewer)

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
ooh yup.
but would make sense if they make it whole state =/

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
not really... it'd be that difficult to co-ordinate the overhaul with all the private companies..

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
About time this happened... Hate the time it takes at the stops when passengers hop on, get their purse/wallets out, then give the driver a note, driver gives change, etc...

I reckon though there should be a system where people can buy tickets easily and quickly at the stops.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Up here in South-East Queensland, we have these things called "go" cards, which are prepaid catrds you load money onto, and when you get onto a bus you scan it, then when you get off you scan it again and it automatically deducts the fare with a discount, depending on how far you travel.

I assume you guys down in Sydney have something similar to this?

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i dun see wats so bad

i much prefer prepaid cos its cheaper..

everytime i catch the 545 i always gets the prepaid

rozymisty

HSC
Up here in South-East Queensland, we have these things called "go" cards, which are prepaid catrds you load money onto, and when you get onto a bus you scan it, then when you get off you scan it again and it automatically deducts the fare with a discount, depending on how far you travel.

I assume you guys down in Sydney have something similar to this?
yeah except its designed really for people who are making just 2 trips a day coz otherwise it goes through your credit VERY quickly if you make multiple trips, even with the supposed discount after 10 trips.

Far easier to get a weekly, off peak or daily tickets.

Funny isnt it how a state like QLD has these tickets and yet a wealthy city like Sydney has a really crap transport system

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
I have no problem with it, just how much cheaper would it be though? from train station to uni costs me 90c
prepaid child section 1-2 is 90c.....so i dunno bout u
but for me, chats to telopia/parra is waaaaaaaaaay cheaper XD

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Fuck yes.

Fuck everyone who pays with $10 notes to Sydney Uni from Railway Sq.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
yeah except its designed really for people who are making just 2 trips a day coz otherwise it goes through your credit VERY quickly if you make multiple trips, even with the supposed discount after 10 trips.

Far easier to get a weekly, off peak or daily tickets.

Funny isnt it how a state like QLD has these tickets and yet a wealthy city like Sydney has a really crap transport system
No the Sydney just has a really shit government

aussie-boy

HSC
^^^^ Sydney has a much better transport system than Brisbane; our trains come every 3 minutes in peak hour while theirs come every 15

The reason we dont have Tcard is essentially because the government refused to do a zone system, fearing that revenue collected may decrease slightly. That's changed now though, and the gov has sent out tenders for a smartcard system

I love prepay... 90c trips go down to 76c and the trip is so much faster
Its really nice being able to travel from Bondi to the city without 100 british tourists paying in cash

McLoving

HSC
fucking austria

goverment cant even put together proper bus technique of system

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
our trains come every 3 minutes in peak hour
Erm... Which line are you talking about?

No single line has frequencies of 3 mins in peak hour. Due to signaling limitations the max that a line can hold is 1 train per 5 mins, with the exception of the city circle which has a limit of 1 train/2 minutes. I think it is 1 train/3 mins in peak hour, but that's because the city circle is 4 lines (really 3) combined... So...?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
This is only for buses leaving CBD stops. They need to introduce ticketing machines though rather than rely on those who just want a single ride going to a 7/11 or Newsagent...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)