All Busses prepaid as of 6th April (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
yea mad, lets make certain areas prepaid that don't have outlets to buy prepaid tickets.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
My life is so HARD.
Man, this one time an Indian person came to my door collecting for a charity... I had to turn them away without looking in their eye, we all know what happens if you do that. I felt like telling them to get out of the North Shore. Disgusting.

aussie-boy

HSC
Erm... Which line are you talking about?

No single line has frequencies of 3 mins in peak hour. Due to signaling limitations the max that a line can hold is 1 train per 5 mins, with the exception of the city circle which has a limit of 1 train/2 minutes. I think it is 1 train/3 mins in peak hour, but that's because the city circle is 4 lines (really 3) combined... So...?
Um... the North Shore, ESR, Western lines all have 3 minute frequencies in the busiest peak hour periods - go and check the timetables

And the cityrail network is limited to 20 trains/hour on any single track - obviously this decreases with different stopping patterns in use (eg. south/inner west services)

Just.Snaz

HSC
eh.. this is only annoying because I have to remember to buy a ticket before it runs out

otherwise, sweeet..

*Minka*

HSC
About time this happened... Hate the time it takes at the stops when passengers hop on, get their purse/wallets out, then give the driver a note, driver gives change, etc...

I reckon though there should be a system where people can buy tickets easily and quickly at the stops.
Most parts of Europe: numnerous machines at stations where you can buy a ticket. I am always amazed we don't have that here.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I always have a spare Travel 10 in my pocket. However the pre-paidness on busses BETTER improve their arriving on time!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Hate people that whinge about trains. Irrespective of what line I guarantee they are more frequent than most suburban bus lines.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Hate people that whinge about trains. Irrespective of what line I guarantee they are more frequent than most suburban bus lines.
Same here

Are you as sick of the shit 536 as I am? lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
536 Gladesville to Chatswood, i used to always catch that bus

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Um... the North Shore, ESR, Western lines all have 3 minute frequencies in the busiest peak hour periods - go and check the timetables
Yes, forgot about the ESR. Uhh, not so shure about the Western/North Shore Lines... They might have a service in a 1 hr period that is 3 mins apart, but apart from that it's impossible to continually have trains 3 mins apart as signaling wont allow it.

And the cityrail network is limited to 20 trains/hour on any single track - obviously this decreases with different stopping patterns in use (eg. south/inner west services)
Yeah 20 trains/hr is 1 train/4 minutes, and as I said on the City Circle the limit is 1 train/2 minutes.

aussie-boy

HSC
Yes, forgot about the ESR. Uhh, not so shure about the Western/North Shore Lines... They might have a service in a 1 hr period that is 3 mins apart, but apart from that it's impossible to continually have trains 3 mins apart as signaling wont allow it.
i did say in peak...
and anyway signalling capacity is based on the distance between signals - it doesnt magically change at different times of day

Yeah 20 trains/hr is 1 train/4 minutes, and as I said on the City Circle the limit is 1 train/2 minutes.
20 * 3 = 60
20 * 4 = 1hr, 20
Im also pretty sure that city circle is 20tph

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
i did say in peak...
and anyway signalling capacity is based on the distance between signals - it doesnt magically change at different times of day
Even in peak hour, you cannot have 3 trains per hour continually due to signaling limitations. What times on timetable for those lines have trains 3 minutes apart?

20 * 3 = 60
20 * 4 = 1hr, 20
Im also pretty sure that city circle is 20tph
Whoops, I have to review basic maths... The limit on the City Circle, ie. signaling in CC allows to have 1 train/2 minutes. But there is 1 train/3 minutes as 1 train/2 min is the LIMIT.... ie, you usually don't run things to the max.

aussie-boy

HSC
Even in peak hour, you cannot have 3 trains per hour continually due to signaling limitations. What times on timetable for those lines have trains 3 minutes apart?
From BJ: 8:05, 8:09, 8:12, 8:15, 8:19, 8:22
What are these "signalling limitations"???

Idk why Im even having an argument over such a stupid topic... at the end of the day, you challenged me in saying that Sydney's trains had good peak frequencies, and I proved myself right. /argument lol

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
No, its only for the city, but when the goverment intoduce intergrated ticketing system, i think they will start making all buses prepaid, or you can recharge your card for ether $5, $10, $20 or $50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)