All nighters or wake early in the morning? (1 Viewer)

dabatman

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

Although I have been studying early and preparing for my yearlies, it suddenly occurred to me that would one be better off waking up early in the morning (say 4 - 6 O'clock) and study for a test OR pull and all nighter?

It would be awesome if you peeps could share their past experiences.

Lumenoria

HSC
In my experiences, all-nighters work better because I can never convince myself to wake up that early in spite of the circumstances... the conflict of waking up compels me to make some rather irrational decisions lol. Also, for me atleast, there's something about working at 1-4am that makes it really easy to get things done, like I can focus at those times more than I can any other time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Probs all nighter when I wake up early im really tired so can't study and you run the risk of not waking up sometimes which can screw you over. All nighter all the way and get 1-2 hrs of sleep at the end!

ShootingDuck

HSC
I guess it depends if you're a morning or night person. Personally I cannot study when I'm tired or function without sleep so pulling an all nighter is not possible for me. So generally speaking I will wake up early (I have a bad habit of waking up much earlier than I need to the point where I no longer bother with an alarm anymore) and either do past paper(s) or go over my notes depending on the subject. At least then I'm well rested and I got information fresh in my mind.

kendallkreene

HSC
I did this for Legal and got 23/25. BUT only because it was based around one topic. Cramming one topic during an all-nighter is possible. DON'T do this for your prelims or yearlies. Your brain can only hold so much.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,

Although I have been studying early and preparing for my yearlies, it suddenly occurred to me that would one be better off waking up early in the morning (say 4 - 6 O'clock) and study for a test OR pull and all nighter?

generally sleep is good. not point trying to get up early the morning of an exam to cram.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Definitely an all nighter for me, for the same reasons as stated above. Getting up early is way too unreliable

Mathew587

HSC
I can't do either. I try to just stay up till 2 max before going to sleep.

iStudent

HSC
Hi guys,

I did all nighters in high school - worked fine for me. Don't do it for maths though, only the subjects which are mostly rote content (e.g. English, economics)

Now that I'm in uni, I found waking up early with a boost of coffee helps more. To each their own!

Jolteon

HSC
Personally, all nighters are okay if I like the subject because then I don't mind staying up.
I also like working early in the mornings, like 4-7am when its all quiet and you have the whole house to yourself in a way but I would say that it's best to sleep before 11 if you want to actually wake up bc otherwise you'll find yourself opting for more sleep than some last minute cramming.

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
I was more of an all nighter person as I didn't want to take the risk of missing my morning alarm or lacking the motivation to get out of bed.

But if the all nighters start to get out of hand and ruin my concentration capacity, I either took strong coffee or had a 3.5 hour sleep.

Bottom line - just try to avoid all-nighters in general and prepare for major exams well beforehand if possible.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
if its assignment due - all nighter, if its study for test - wake earlier

works for uni as well

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you sleep enough either is fine, would prefer waking up earlier cause of religious reasons and also cause the morning air makes me think clearer as weird as that sounds

Also cause no one's making a ruckus in the morning

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I find I can focus more in the morning, but it really depends on the individual.

pandaL

HSC
N/A
I much prefer all nighters as waking up early in the morning is really hard.

No Study

HSC
It doesn't matter, whichever you prefer. I've done both, anyone can do it. You just have to reset your sleep schedule. It's either sleep late and be groggy in the morning or sleep early and be groggy towards your bedtime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)