All right, who'll be joining the ranks next year? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Wow! So many future science students coming to UNSW. Welcome! :) I hope you will enjoy UNSW Science. Yes it is a lot of work but at the end of the day those who truly wants to become a Scientist will enjoy it.

grimreaper

HSC
Epitome of Lazy said:
Hrrmm.. so what was that UAC Guide 06 for?
Especially as you said softeng could be 87.5?
When do they change next?
That figure in the uac guide, ie the "2005" figure is for people beginning in 2005, not people doing hsc in 2005. No one knows the cut offs for next year until next year. Software engineering has been dropping steadily for the past 5 years or so (it used to require 97 or 98 or something). One big advantage of doing soft eng\comm over comp eng\comm is that it is only 5 years with software, as opposed to 5.5 years with comp, since some compulsary information systems subjects from soft eng contribute toward a commerce degree as well.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
hey hey

i am looking at doing Arts/Education. any comments about the course?

my UAI is 77.35 the 05 cut off was 78, do i have a good chance? if its a second choice?

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
My first preference was Combined Law at UNSW, and I got 99.7. I'm at this stage tossing up between that and Arts/Law at Sydney....argh, decisions, decisions....however, I'm doing a GAP year in England next year anyway, so I'll be starting in 2007!

gman03

HSC
To ALL engineering prospectus... you are in luck cause everyone will be taught by UNSW finest computing lecturer - Richard next year... Yeah~~~!!~!~!!!~!~!

And to elec eng people: they have restructured the degree and as far as I can see, they made it easier ~!~! and I mean MUCHHHHH easier..

white_spazzy: I support your decision :D

HSC
gman03 said:
To ALL engineering prospectus... you are in luck cause everyone will be taught by UNSW finest computing lecturer - Richard next year... Yeah~~~!!~!~!!!~!~!

And to elec eng people: they have restructured the degree and as far as I can see, they made it easier ~!~! and I mean MUCHHHHH easier..

white_spazzy: I support your decision :D
Dude that's Awesome!!! Especially after reading all these damning reports on Elec Eng in the Comp Eng degree!
Im just curious to know whether the marks will rise or drop for the cutoffs this year.
The UAI obtained for the same hsc marks has been decreasing over the last 5 or so years, but seems to have gone up this year, SAM predicted my UAI to be 1.5 marks lower, when i was thinking it would give a generous prediction.
What do you guys think?

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
gman03 said:
Richard will be the best thing that ever happened in Computing. Have fun!

elfm

HSC
I think they're making things easier for a lot of the engineering courses at UNSW. From what I've heard, civil engineering is also undergoing a subject restructuring, which'll most definitely make things easier for future students. All I've heard about the subject changes so far are that Statics and Dynamics will be combined into one subject instead of two. These two subjects by the way, are probably the most cause of failure in 1st year civil engineering programs.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Hey UNSW goers, and future goers!!!

Im hoping to do either:

B engineering / Master Biomedical Engineering
B Medical Science
B science

for some reason everytime i read the info provided for the same course at USYD and UNSW, I always seem to be absorbed by that which is present in the UNSW section.

hoping to do Medical research ltr on, I think UNSW is the best place for this future plan!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Advanced Science (Meteorology) or Science (Nanotechnology), staying at New College. =)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Wow! So many future science students coming to UNSW. Welcome! :) I hope you will enjoy UNSW Science.
Maybe its the new UNSW computing / science / engineering ads on TV thats bring all the attraction ;)

gman03

HSC
Grizzly said:
Maybe its the new UNSW computing / science / engineering ads on TV thats bring all the attraction ;)
Is it the one I never saw? :p

I am attracted to the degree because they made it much easier :( and the fact that Elec Eng people will be taught by Richard for the ENTIRE year!~!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
gman03 said:
Is it the one I never saw? :p

I am attracted to the degree because they made it much easier :( and the fact that Elec Eng people will be taught by Richard for the ENTIRE year!~!
hehe, yeh, but this ad was never on 2 years ago ? :p

Do other uni's advertise on tv ? ... they always do in the newspaper...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
how is the B engineering photovoltaics/ B science comp sci, a good combination?

and how is the photovolataic degree and does it have gud job prospects in australia?

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
I'd also like an answer to the above question.

I myself, shall possibly be joining the ranks of UNSW next year, hopefully in some form of engineering. I'm actually an 04'er, but I'll be going into first year nonetheless as this year's degree wasn't exactly working out.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ohh dear. Where are all the arts & soc sciences hopefuls? off smoking bongs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)