All right, who'll be joining the ranks next year? (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Are you supposed to know anything in that exam before you start uni? :eek:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hmm.. not really except the simple stuff, like Question 1. :D

It's not that bad, is it? :p by the way, this is a semester 2 course, not semester 1. But yeah, both are equally challenging.

G

Gavvvvvin

It actually looks pretty easy with a bit of study :cool:

Do you have any maths or physics stuff i can look at?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't do Physics and first year maths stuffs are all in a booklet in which you'll have to buy, containing all past papers and exercise questions. Maybe someone else here has them.

elfm

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
It actually looks pretty easy with a bit of study :cool:

Do you have any maths or physics stuff i can look at?
Chem 1A (fundamentals) is basically inorganic and organic chem that you probably have already learnt most of in HS.

If you want to get a head start in maths, try looking through a 4U textbook :p In particular, complex numbers and integration (and possibly others that I've forgotten about... hey it's 2:40 and im sleepy)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
hey deathless one, can u send me the chem paper also? I can send you all the maths stuff if you want.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
hahaha Survivor's post was quite amusing!

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Rekkusu said:
hahaha Survivor's post was quite amusing!

Ouch goodness, if it's really like that...then our first year at Uni must be pretty much a study 24/7/356 year!!

Whoa man do you think if you could send me a little sample of the chem exam as well? Since I may actually do a major for chem in adv science :rolleyes:

Code:
aeolior@gmail.com
Cheers and thanks in advance!
Done! :) People who wants to major in chem usually don't have problems with chem. It's just those that don't want to major in chem but have to do chem as a part of their degrees that usually struggles :D

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Looking at either BSc (Computer Science) / B Digital Media @ UNSW, and maybe transferring to Combined CS/Law second year, or just doing BSc (Computer Science) and then transferring. Reason being I might enjoy Digital Media more, or if I can't get into Law I still have that to fall back on.

Last edited:

doctordev

HSC
Hi guys, noted an absence of medical students..where are they?

Let me introduce myself. I am Dev, joining you all next month as a medical student.

I wanted to join the Unigym but it looks pretty expensive. Do you guys know of cheaper altenatives cos i am on a training program in a local gym now and i intend to continue with it in Uni.

Also, what are the chances of an international med student successfully getting into Warrane College?

Regards

elfm

HSC
There's a gym situated along Anzac Parade (turning right as you exit the uni). It should be cheaper than the uni gym judging from its looks from the outside :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Theres a Fitness First in Randwick behind uni.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
My friend told me that you can get access to the gym and pool for like $5 on a pay for entry basis. So yeh, you may save money by going to the gym twice a week then running or swimming at the beach the other times.

I am not certain of the details though but it may be worth looking into :)
Gyms tend to be quite expensive in Sydney.

I am doing Arts if anyone has any questions i would be happy to help out. It seems the art students dont come on here heh.

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
elfm said:
Fitness First are rip-offs
I agree, its around $80 per month.

RooRaa said:
My friend told me that you can get access to the gym and pool for like $5 on a pay for entry basis. So yeh, you may save money by going to the gym twice a week then running or swimming at the beach the other times.

I am not certain of the details though but it may be worth looking into :)
Gyms tend to be quite expensive in Sydney.

I am doing Arts if anyone has any questions i would be happy to help out. It seems the art students dont come on here heh.
I was interested in sci/arts, however I do like humanities, however i'm not great at them...... Are most people quite good at their relative interests in Arts, or do they all improve a heap over time?

Last edited:

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Honestly it is quite varied. Some of us work our butts off to get good grades. Others it just flows naturally (damn those people heh) while there are also your fair share of people who coast through and are happy to pass. As far as i am aware the fail rate is lower in Arts than it would be in science. Bascially if you do your work you will pass. However to get a HD you have to work quite hard (unless you are naturally brilliant).

People often comment about ARTS being a bludge. However, there is a huge difference in subjects. Some classes and subjects are tougher than others (or so i have heard). I suppose the trick is to find what area you enjoy and are good at and then its not tough to get decent grades. And yes, you will tend to improve with practice. :)

Arts/science can be a really good combo as to excel (or even pass) in both shows you are quite intellegent as most people usually are strong in one of the other.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thanks, i'm not sure whether to do arts/sci, or just sci, as I am applying for grad med, but would like to study some of my interestes, however I dont want to just 'pass' as it's not really an option .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)