All you wanna be lawyers... (1 Viewer)

G

gbangin

...what the hell do you see in wanting to be a lawyer?
Seriously, there are so many of you that have this crazy ambition to become a lawyer, and i don’t understand it?
Is it the money?
Is it the challenge of getting guilty people out their punishment?

I just don’t understand it, lawyers are such bloodthirsty, greedy people, eager to make as much money for themselves out of other peoples misery as possible.

I don’t get it...?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
ummm dude incase u haven't noticed... the whole world fits that little stereotype you just placed. Lawyers are clean office jobs that earn a high salary and require a high level of intelligence so dont critisise the occupational ambition of those around you. :confused:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
To quote gbangin...

bloodthirsty, greedy people, eager to make as much money for themselves out of other peoples misery as possible
from what you have said nick1048, doctors in third world countries, people who work, and run charities, teachers, lifesavers and the like are all "bloodthirsty, greedy people, eager to make as much money for themselves out of other peoples misery as possible".

Good work mate, i think not.

I suggest you read what you have written before you post, so as not to sound like an idiot.

I admit that there are some lawyers, namely the government employed defenders (no im not talking about prosecutors, I’m talking about the ones all the poor people get when they cant afford one) but i am almost certain that most peoples motivation is the money, and that, i feel, is very sad.

I would like to suggest that nick1048 does not respond to this post again, as he already looks stupid enough.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Asquithian said:
how bout the human rights lawyers and legal aid lawyers?
nick1048 said:
ummm dude incase u haven't noticed... the whole world fits that little stereotype you just placed. Lawyers are clean office jobs that earn a high salary and require a high level of intelligence so dont critisise the occupational ambition of those around you. :confused:

haha gbangin mate looks like u got owned...at least get a 100 posts under ur belt beofre u start to ctitisise ppl. :eek:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Still, I think law is generally a job people above average people go for when they can't find anything else. I doubt many of them are happy in their jobs.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
gbangin said:
Seriously, there are so many of you that have this crazy ambition to become a lawyer, and i don’t understand it?
Is it the money?

I just don’t understand it, lawyers are such bloodthirsty, greedy people, eager to make as much money for themselves out of other peoples misery as possible.

I don’t get it...?
man dont steriotype.... i have a friend that is studing law, she is the smartes person i no but also the nicest... some people like to see guilty people put in jail, they are on the other side of the court room... u heard of em?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
god, gbangin, your post is full of so many stereotypes i can't believe it. i've always wanted to work in law somehow, fighting for human rights where they have none. yes, such a money-grabbing, bloodthirsty bitch i am.

the other thing i don't understand is how people consider it sooo wrong for people to want to try and make money. i love money, i have no intentions of being poor in my adult life because i live a certain lifestyle that i've grown accustomed to. wah wah, just slap my ass and call me an evil capitalist or something. :rolleyes:

edit: oh, dude, raph, you are so sad. why the need to make two separate accounts? please tell me you weren't attempting to drum up support for yourself by arguing on both accounts...

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha. well, yeah, that's my point. yes there certainly are corrupt lawyers out there, just as there are corrupt cops and doctors and fucking checkout chicks but that doesn't lessen the good that some of them do.
and when people say 'oh all they do is try and get criminals off'... if you honestly believe that the accused does not have the right of an attorney, i question your ethics.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
um....well really does it really concern you?
people who want to be lawyers don't need to justify themselves to you.
lawyers are necessary ...blah blah, prelim legal studies, I'll leave this stuff to people in the know.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Trouble is, most people who want to be lawyers DO want to be in court arguing for criminals, or don't care who they argue for.

I had to explain to my frined who wants to be a lawyer, but doesn't want to work for criminals, that lawyers do things from work in insurance companies to software development houses. She seemed happier upon hearing this. The stereotype of laywers defending criminals pervades common thoguht so much that I think it is a bit misguided to argue that if somebody is doing law, they are still a good person. Sure, they can be, but chances are they took up law because of money and no other reason, so chances also are that they wouldn't mind defending criminals.

I have no qualms about earning moeny. But doing so without ethics, and donig so in a job you're probably not happy in - bleh.

My gripe doesn't just exist with lawyers, mind you. I dislike most businesspeople, too, since they commonly have a similar mindset to the common lawyer. Ah, stereotypes and generalisations. It's not like you can live (or rather communicate) without them though, and furthermore, 'stereotype' not neccessarily equals 'incorrect'.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I had to explain to my frined who wants to be a lawyer, but doesn't want to work for criminals, that lawyers do things from work in insurance companies to software development houses.
Thats even better then, isnt it. Helping the rich companys find loop holes in the law to help them get richer.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Why don't you just sit at home and live off the dole in a housing commission place then?

is a roflcopter
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Still, I think law is generally a job people above average people go for when they can't find anything else. I doubt many of them are happy in their jobs.
i kinda agree with that
look at unsw law :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
There are a lot of ppls who want to do law, but there is a difference between ppl who want to do law and those who do it bcoz there are expected to, its a high paying job or bcoz of the glory!

I, myself find the law extremely interesting and dont really care abt the money etc... i would just love to learn about and practise the law. I do legal and mock trial and find both so much fun! THAT IS WHY I WANT TO BE A LAWYER! :vcross:
I hate the stereotypes and comments that come with wanting to do that profession!

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Doin a law degree for the fun of it wouldn't be bad :D

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
gbangin said:
Is it the money?

I don’t get it...?
Here's an idea,

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)