All your questions answered about UMAT (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
And hardly 1/3 of the 99.95 students will want to do Medicine, or attend USyd.
that too. UNSW is a much better option for med imo. simply because you're doing 6 instead of 7 years for exactly the same degree. plus in terms of prestige and quality of teaching, theres no difference.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
that too. UNSW is a much better option for med imo. simply because you're doing 6 instead of 7 years for exactly the same degree. plus in terms of prestige and quality of teaching, theres no difference.
Griffith represent. No UMAT required for the MBBS Provisional (which is really weird because there is no interview either - I think there should at least be an interview). I hope I can get into the Griffith MBBS postgrad course.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Griffith represent. No UMAT required for the MBBS Provisional (which is really weird because there is no interview either - I think there should at least be an interview). I hope I can get into the Griffith MBBS postgrad course.
never heard of the provisional scheme for griffith until recently. is it guaranteed entry into MBBS provided you maintain a good GPA?

pinupgirl

HSC
Sorry if this question sounds stupid but I was wondering, do you guys prepare for UMAT?

And what is a mid-high range - coz that's the criteria for optometry unsw, which is the course I want to take

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Sorry if this question sounds stupid but I was wondering, do you guys prepare for UMAT?

And what is a mid-high range - coz that's the criteria for optometry unsw, which is the course I want to take
its not 100% neccessary. some people get good marks with minimal prep. i basically only bought the ACER booklets for 35 bucks (i think) from their website and my friend gave me his his booklet of notes to read over. but other than that i didnt do much prep. ended up with 99 which is good i guess.

not exactly sure what mid-high range means, but i would say probably 80 percentile or above should give you a pretty good shot at optom at UNSW.

pinupgirl

HSC
Oh thanks :)
Just another question: what is the format of UMAT like... I know that there's section one, two and three... but how many questions, and how much time do we get? Do you often struggle to finish?

EDIT: Just found the pdf with information.

Last edited:

riots

HSC
N/A
I'm just curious - would this be enough for a UNSW interview?

S1 - 61
S2 - 56
S3 - 57
Overall - 58
%ile - 80th

My ATAR is looking to be anywhere between 98.8 - 99.4, apparently.

Also, I saw that ohexploitable said something about a weighted total score? How would you calculate that?

/noobquestions

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I would say you just missed out on an interview, riots.

I got 80th percentile in 2009 (although my overall was 56), and my ATAR estimate was 99.8, and I managed to get an interview prior to HSC. But I just scraped in.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Section 1: 71
Section 2: 56
Section 3: 64

Overall: 64

Percentile: 94

From the ATAR Calculator with conservative estimates I have an ATAR prediction of 99.6

Reckon I have a chance for UNSW? I'm fairly confident about the interview (I've had a few for scholarships/ leadership positions etc. in the past) but please if you could just give me some ideas as to what sort of questions they tend to ask it'll be much appreciated

Thanks Dr Fresh!

apollo1

Banned
HSC
why is everyone getting lower scores in the second section? wat was in the second section?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
why is everyone getting lower scores in the second section? wat was in the second section?
Yeah a lot of people who got higher percentiles also screwed up 2nd section, but made up for it by gunning sections 1 and 3.

Btw any of you have an idea as to what type of questions are asked in interviews?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
hahaha yep super aspie

can do super complex problems under high levels of stress

can't understand feelings

mirakon

nigga
HSC
damn, xxxxposed
dr fresh can you answer my questions please. I'd appreciate your opinion. Here are my two questions:

1. Is S1-71 S2-56 S3-64 Overall: 64 Percentile:94 and an atar of say 99.5 enough to get me an interview at UNSW?
2. What type of questions do they ask at the interviews?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)