Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

nik_noodle

HSC
mm87511 said:
wow, it was on the radio.
the police said they will track down everyone involved and every student will be warned somehow!!!I wonder what will happen to them...The police really should not carry out any legal action upon students...
my dads a copper and says that no action can be taken against anyone whos viewed their results, because none of us were told not to touch 'em :p
that amuses me..

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
CrashOveride said:
i agree, they should just let the results go out now.
They won't. If they did they would be
*imagine old, scrawny guy speaking in a suit*

"Releasing results now to the rest of the cohort would be succumbing to the villians who 'illegally' accessed results".

In my opinion, my credit goes to those who were quick and smart enough to access them....especially the guy who found the vulnerbility...give him 5 extra UAI points...hehehe.

Back to waiting...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
LazyBoy said:
not really. besides even if they did all they would have to do is claim ignorance and say that they thought they were on a genuine BOS site. (the hacker in question used a BOS template for the illegal website).

secondly i very much doubt they would be able to prove who it actually was because the page in question is a dynamic page. the contents of that page does change but IP logging of that page is by the page name and the static contents. therefore theres no telling weather the person got the secured page, or the real results page. unless there IP logging system is more robust then i imagine.

thirdly there is a very complex question on weather the students did anything illegal. as hacking is not an oppropriate word for what happend. the students in question used a javascript vunrability in the website. The 'hackers' script basically just told the BOS website to display this by placing the correct variables in the query string in the url. At most this is a violation of use of the students online site. With that said i cannot find an acceptable use policy, the students in question have done nothing wrong.

This is my understanding which could be completely wrong.
hes the hacker.............get him.......

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Just Saw The Channel 7 News...my Goodness....so Someone Hacked In...i Thought The News Mentions Tat Results Are Accessable...but Didn't Mention Anything About Hacking~~i'd Rather Wait Till Friday...

LazyBoy

HSC
it totalyl agree, i tihnk everyone else should have their results. unless they can give a damn good reason why they should wait. (eg not all results are scaled etc). fair is fair, i tired to tell as many ppl asi could while the site was up. to be honoest i never cared about my results, its more just amusing the way i got them. but to the people who are stressed and anxious i do feel bad for.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
wrx said:
haha Brett sham was on channel 9 just then. so i doubt theyre laying charges as he'd be the first.
No, he's smart. He went public. Nobody's stupid enough to take legal action on someone who goes public, even for leaking classified military information.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
tat guy on the news made into Accounting??? SMH said he did, but thought i heard different on the news bor~~

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
LazyBoy said:
. but to the people who are stressed and anxious i do feel bad for.
Like me for example!! I'm not sleeping properly, and i think about it at least a thousand times a day..... i just want to know if i have the marks to get into uni! and now people know their marks and they are STILL making the rest of us wait! roarted!
:vcross:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
anyone had dreams about dreaming their HSC results? like nitemares or just a good dream kinda stuff...ekek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)