Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
2004 Maths Study day refund

Hey everyone,I was going to attend the "Bored of Studies" study day for 2u and Ext1 Maths this year with Jeff Geha. I think it was in the september holidays, and it was cancelled. I was wondering if ANYONE had received their refund? and if so....how can you get it

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
budj said:
So Xayma, what were your marks. did yo get any phonecalls saying u toppedanything?
No didnt get a phone call.

Marks:

98/100 - Mathematics
94/100 - Engineering Studies
90/100 - Chemistry
90/100 - Physics
84/100 - English
48/50 - Mathematics Extension 1

Acid

HSC
BillyMak said:
Have you got a prediction from SAM yet?
SAM says 97.4 for me but it doesn't take into account your ranks etc does it?

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Acid said:
SAM says 97.4 for me but it doesn't take into account your ranks etc does it?
Bastard..... I wanna do commerce at UNSW but it's people like YOU that make it HARD :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It just needs your HSC marks. Which is the average. Hence it takes into account ranks.

Skeeta

HSC
why couldnt someone just find their way into the UAC website so we could find our UAIs??

its theonly mark most of us care about..!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
why couldnt someone just find their way into the UAC website so we could find our UAIs??

its theonly mark most of us care about..!
UAC generally doesnt put the UAI up till the morning of the day.

Try around 1-2am.

Acid

HSC
BillyMak said:
Bastard..... I wanna do commerce at UNSW but it's people like YOU that make it HARD :p
LOL :)

But I really thought i'd get lower - I learnt modern the night before and learnt one of my english modules the morning of my exam. Really didn't put enough effort in and dont even deserve what I got but i'm not gonna go and complain. :)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
rofl... that's like me. The only time I studied for business studies the whole year was the morning before the exam (it was a morning exam as well). I'm sort of hoping I can also pull some good results out of my arse.

Acid

HSC
Ye - HSC is a bit over-rated. Don't know how people study their asses off and still end up with 70 :s

budj

HSC
Well Done Xayma. You got fantastic marks there bro. I rekon ur around 98-99 UAI for sure

timquinn

Heya Brett, I must say it was pretty damn funny to see you on the news and read you in the SMH! I didn't hear about the whole story until it was too late, but I know if I'd found out in time I would've done exactly the same thing as you (i.e. accessing the results early).

Also, I really have no problem with you going to the media about it, 15 minutes of fame would be an attraction for anyone. HOWEVER. Lots of people on this thread are asking about why you went to the MP, I didn't read through properly but I suspect this is the state opposition education minister? If so, I think I can answer the "why the MP" question for everyone...Brett is a diehard, card carrying, Leftist-stomping Young Liberal. So although it may be hard to believe for those of you who don't care about politics, I honestly think he did it to discredit the Carr govt.

If this is wrong (I have no idea which MP you actually told, for instance) then just tell me.

Tim.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UAC officially releases UAI's around 7am on the day, but last year it there was a small window around 1am where you could view them, but that loophole was also closed pretty quickly

Matth3w

Demon-Eyes-Kyo
HSC
All i can say is the Board Of Studies got owned :)

They underestimated the graduates of 04 :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But usually they release it also about 10-15 minutes before the due time. So don't expect a perfect 6am release :p

I reckon it's more of the board of studies fault. It's not like they were officially hacked into. I mean, the server authorised the login :p

And of course, in any situation, if someone told you you could receive your results early, I doubt many will turn that offer down.

I wish I got my marks early last year. I was in suspense :(

Bond_007

Ragerunner said:
But usually they release it also about 10-15 minutes before the due time. So don't expect a perfect 6am release :p

I reckon it's more of the board of studies fault. It's not like they were officially hacked into. I mean, the server authorised the login :p

And of course, in any situation, if someone told you you could receive your results early, I doubt many will turn that offer down.

I wish I got my marks early last year. I was in suspense :(

very true
now everyone shift the blame to the BOS not us
when in dout blame the BOS

as some one in my year put it so elegantly on the back of there Y12 jersey

Damb the Bos

:)
Bond

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)