Am I able to do this for my major work ? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Could be an issue - but would depend on the question and how strict your teacher is about the 'significant' overlap.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Doesn't matter - if Richard III is on an examinable syllabus the topic is off limits if the project is going to 'significantly overlap'.

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
Yes, it could be an issue. Especially so if your school studies Richard III. Have a chat about it with your teacher. With this major work, in order to succeed, you will need to be prepared to make some sacrifices, as annoying as it can be.

Richard III wasn't the only historical figure that Shakespeare wrote about...have a look through his 'Histories', you should be able to find other historical personalities to focus on, ones that don't overlap with HSC English (Henry VIII for example).

Anyway, good luck!

Bongos

HSC
Thank you. It turns out I can't!

Now I need a new topic :/

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can't do 'how Shakespeare presented him' but you could look at other issues around him - such as the perennial 'did he kill the princes' - boring and done to death, or the way his body was recovered from the carpark, or his and the Yorkists claim to the throne compared to the Lancastrians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)