Am i doing too much stuff...? (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
Ok, so i want an ATAR of at least 95 but I'm worried i wont have enough time to study with all the other things i do outside of school. Monday i have free, Tuesday i have tutoring after school till 5, Wednesday i have sport from 4-7:45, Thursday I'm free, Friday i have sport 3:45-6:30, Saturday i have sport from 2-4:15, Sunday im free

Coming up to the HSC will i need to cut back my sport times if i want to have a good chance at getting a high mark?

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
if you're only in yr 11, then no, it really doesnt matter.
when i was in yr 11 i played sport/coached monday 4.30-8, tuesday 4.30-6, wednesday 4.30-7, thursday 4.30-6 and worked friday afternoons and all day saturday, sometimes sunday as well, and i did pretty well in prelim... it really depends on you, how fast you work and how good you are at organising and balancing stuff. i was okay cos i've played sport all my life and i was used to having to find the balance.

for the hsc i dropped back to only doing monday-wednesday 4.30-6, and im looking at a uai in the atar 80s unless i fail something miserably... it basically depends entirely on what kind of person you are!

but if you enjoy everything you're doing at the moment, dont give it up, cos no matter how badly you fail prelim, you have to remember it doesnt count in any way towards your hsc mark at the end of yr 12, in the majority of subjects (thou in some subjects eg legal studies you need all the stuff you learnt in prelim to have a good grasp of the hsc course, but you arent actually tested on it)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I think you need to cut back on a bit. oh well, just keep everything as it is for term 4, and see how u cope with it

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i have acro on monday, dancing for two hours then touch for two hours on tuesday, wednesday is tutoring and touch, thursday is free, friday is touch all night, saturday is touch for about two hours, and sunday is free.

trust me. you'll be right. as long as you're actually capable of that mark, ie, intelligent enough, then you'll be fine. it's important not to bludge though. i've not cared throughout year twelve and i should be getting 98+ but i'll be looking at 95ish, hopefully.

sport keeps you sane. don't give it up!!

Schoey93

HSC
Ok, so i want an ATAR of at least 95 but I'm worried i wont have enough time to study with all the other things i do outside of school. Monday i have free, Tuesday i have tutoring after school till 5, Wednesday i have sport from 4-7:45, Thursday I'm free, Friday i have sport 3:45-6:30, Saturday i have sport from 2-4:15, Sunday im free

Coming up to the HSC will i need to cut back my sport times if i want to have a good chance at getting a high mark?

LOL WHat a dumb question my ass.

It's obvious what the answer will

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
This is barely anything!... Keep it all if you enjoy it XD... haha. You will certainly manage if you don't just sit at home on the computer or watch TV all day!

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Yeh, if you like it, then keep it man, you've got to keep a hobbie, so you stay sane.

saberbladexx

HSC
Yeah you'll be alright OP, as Aquawhite said, aslong as you use your remaining time wisely you'll be fine.

And my one of my teacher you need a good balance, you cant be studying all the time you need to have extra curricular activities in your HSC year aswell to maintain a healthy balance.

xxheersaletixx

TERI MAA :)
HSC
keep it! =]

like ok when u do the hsc and u feel like a lot of pressure and u dont have enough time..then only cut down

but it looks fine to me :)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
keep it all for now, it doesnt seem too much. and if it gets too hard during year12, then drop it.

NewiJapper

HSC
yea thanks guys for the advice! *except Schoey93:mad:* I plan to keep it cause i plan to be ontrack during the HSC period of this and next year. I will hopefully be a good study break and relaxer for me. Sport really helps me not to loose my mind with school work and this probably goes for a lot of people too.

Keep sane everyone! XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)