am i on the right track in studying! (1 Viewer)

360flip

HSC
N/A
2u maths - basically writing down formulas and examples of the easy and fairly difficult questions and doing as much practice papers as possible (school textbook, fitzpatric, boardofstudies past papers etc)

busniess studies - writing down quick summaries and diagrams and doing revision questions including multiple choice and short answers

ipt - same as business studies

modern history - key points and a few essays (thought i have not started)

english - i have no idea

please give out some advice and comments on how to improve my studies seeing i want to achieve the higher bands 5/6

EDIT****** i meant "right" not tight cant edit title

Riviet

HSC
N/A
360flip said:
2u maths - basically writing down formulas and examples of the easy and fairly difficult questions and doing as much practice papers as possible (school textbook, fitzpatric, boardofstudies past papers etc)
Writing out examples of questions of varying difficulty is great for revision, especially when you've forgotten some of the basics, this is where your simple examples become essentially useful. Doing practice questions and papers benefits you greatly, as you improve your skills at answering questions on the topic. All in all, you are definitely on the right track to success in maths! :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
for modern history i suggest pinching summaries from BOS, printing them out and memorising them. Then make a few set essays and learn how to write them properly from memory, thats band 5/6 easy

vg_woz_here

HSC
English..just practice writing essays/long responses within a time limit..and learn quotes/scenes and techniques..etc..

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
I wouldn't advise preparing set essays for Modern History, since the questions can be so narrow (especially for WW1). The best you can do is a thorough knowledge of the dot points. I suggest ripping them out of the syllabus and making summaries from them.

miss random

HSC
For English writing tables of ur texts and then wat they say about the core topic. Then give a quote to bak it up

taki999

HSC
English is the one where i personal feel the you cant 100% follow the syllabus. The best way to study english is from reading the top english class's exams. Apart from that the most important is proberly getting the facts straight for english and maybe get some english textbooks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)