am i the only one who has no motivation? (1 Viewer)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
i sit on my ass everyday now on the computer doing anything but work. i really can't be bothered. thank God i'm not in year 12.. yet

HSC
Uni Grad
i sit on my ass everyday now on the computer doing anything but work. i really can't be bothered. thank God i'm not in year 12.. yet
yeah same here i guess...
I've procrastinated heaps
I've recently been out a lot
and at the same time I feel a little burnt out...
>_<

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
im in year 12 and for most of the part.. motivation is still severely lacking

timinator1993

HSC
yea same as OP, i feel fucking lazy even though i know i should be studying....

musing

HSC
Hear, hear. I did no study in the holidays. Nothing at all.

:burn:

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
SAME D; i feel like im gonna regret it.. been going out like almost.. everyday. Seriously, can't be bothered doing any work/studying/assessments. I hope im not like this in year 12 :(

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
I'm not sure about this but I think most of our motivation comes from the encouragement of other people. Namely parents, etc.

If you don't think you're getting enough motivation, maybe you should try to get your parents or friends to encourage and motivate you. Obviously this won't work for everyone but having that extra motivation helps.

klaris

HSC
i had no motivation AT ALL. i would sit on the computer all day long and look at my books and then kinda laugh and think "pft i won't need them! not now! not ever!" haha, poor helpless child.

but then this complete bitch told me about all the study and work she had been doing and BOOM, motivation central, guys. best thing ever. my motivation is beating this bitch. simple as that.

oh and the fact that i need a shitload of work done in a short amount of time. today for example, i read my extension novel (all of it down in about four hours), did my ancient history powerpoint, started another novel for extension and studied for economics. i'm a powerhouse of motivation.

and when i feel like doing nothing, i just remind myself how guilty/shit i feel at the end of the day of not doing anything. doing things and being motivation feels pretty damn good and it doesn't even bother me! i went out nearly everyday of the holidays and knocked nearly everything off in one day! but when school goes back i'm gonna see if i can keep this up, it's pretty awesome knowing that i'll beat some of the kids i hate plus my brain isn't so dead and I ACTUALLY FEEL LESS TIRED

hell yesssss motivation

Memi

HSC
N/A
I can relate 100%.
I don't feel any motivation within me and everything else seems far more tempting than studying and watching my holidays diminish.
I've been going out more and am rarely ever home. Doubt I'll regret not studying, but will regret not starting assignments due first week D:

smik11

HSC
SAME D; i feel like im gonna regret it.. been going out like almost.. everyday. Seriously, can't be bothered doing any work/studying/assessments. I hope im not like this in year 12 :(
ahahah thats wat i tell myself too.. about not being lazy in yr 12

i had four assignments for the holidays
ive done one.

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
Me too >< but I've had friends who stick up '1st in (subjects) for the state' on their bedroom door xD

lucy-in-the-sky

HSC
yeah absolutly no motivation right now...last day of the holidays and only now I am thinking how screwed I am.
I write heaps of to do lists which help a little but then a lot of the work doesn't end up getting done because I look at the long list and say that I will start tomorrow...I have serious procratination issues

Any other ideas for motivation because I have no one in my year I want to beat really

klaris

HSC
have you clicked on the "study/motivation tips" sticky thread for prelim? it's what i did before BOS went bye byes for a few days and i honestly think that helped a lot. i mean, don't opt for the hardchore studying...just get the shit that needs doing, done and cruise along from there.

umm, if nothing else works then maybe having someone pushing you to do the work? or push yourself. just think "okay, i can't do [insert awesome holiday things here] until i finish a chapter of maths or a few practise questions for legal" i have no idea what subjects you take..hah

Last edited:

lucy-in-the-sky

HSC
No I haven't but I will now. I try to get the stuff that needs to be done done first but I do all this other stuff outside of school (gymnastics training and coaching) that I miss out on finishing work so when it gets to the holidays the stuff that needs to be done has built itself up...
but I will try some of that stuff, thanks :)

klaris

HSC
okay, i kinda have a lame suggestion but have you ever tried having a schedule? not an OCD sort of one but just a nice and short and sweet piece of paper on your wall that says "okay, dude, gotta get that english essay outta the way now otherwise you'll die tomorrow" thing, but still firm enough so you'll actually TAKE NOTICE and do it? cos, i would definitely give that a go because then your weekdays are roughly planned out and you won't be stressing when things are due.

like, say for instance (i'm making shit up here so just along with it :p)

4pm: get home from school. relax
5:30: glance over school notes. start an intro paragraph on essay. take it easy
6pm: eat. dinner. take a break. have a shower, whatever.
6:30: more relaxing :)
7pm: building on your essay. concentrate completely for half an hour (depends on concentration span i guess).
7:30: look over anything else that needs doing, like econ/legal etc notes, maths questions - do them

and yeah, just go along from there. lthat's only one night of the week and you might have a load of things finished already! hence, thursday late night shopping playtime :) hahah, or whatever you like.

that's just one kinda lame suggestion, but i'd go for it (says the girl who suggested it :eek:)

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
ahahah thats wat i tell myself too.. about not being lazy in yr 12

i had four assignments for the holidays
ive done one.
LOL i've done NONE :( i've tried starting my business report.. meh. failed.

Me too >< but I've had friends who stick up '1st in (subjects) for the state' on their bedroom door xD
thats awesome :p did they really get '1st in the state'? or just stuck it there for motivation? LOL

have you clicked on the "study/motivation tips" sticky thread for prelim?...
Yep :D read all of that since i was bored... and couldn't be bothered doing anything LOL i'll get motivated.. soon :)

maybe..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)