amazing luck! (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
Has anyone experienced being really really lucky in the trials? As in if that certain thing didn't happen then you wouldn't have a clue what to do?

Well, I'm really bad at finding related texts, mostly because I'm a perfectionist. I had English paper One on Monday, and Paper two today (tuesday). I spent at least 5 hours on Saturady finding an inner journey text. And it ended up being a really hard one to, but it was the only thing i was happy with. It was Salman rushdie. So until yesterday afternoon I concentrated on Paper One. this morning at 8.45 I had my english paper two exam. Which meant that i had less than a day to find a Telling the Truth Text, and due to my procrastinating, study for the three modules, cause i realy didn't have much of a clue with any of them. finding a related text for Truth is very difficult one. I knew i was going to die, I mean inner journeys was hard enough. Anyway on Monday before the Paper one exam i was in the library, and the librarian goes hey I was reading ... and I thought it would be the most perfect text for 'Telling the truth', you should use it. And, it was amazingly perfect, and cohered really well with the other texts i was using. But what made it lucky was that, that certain book was bought for an English teacher. It just so happened that that English teacher went on leave over the weekend and until Wednesday I think. Otherwise, it would of been given straight to that teacher.

Anyway, I thought I might share this story with you, and see if anyone else had experienced the same sort of luck. There are a couple more stories, but I'll leave it here...

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
lol.... that is quite lucky indeed.

my luck story is that for Module B (Harwood) our school decided to specify a poem for us to analyse. Everyone was screwed. Thankfully, the one they specified was the one i loved and adored and knew back to front :p YAY! hahaha

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol...well i have learned from this never to be too confident...i went into both my english exams confident that i could handle whatever they threw at me after my many hours of revision...but i've always had a weakness in thinking on my feet, and they gave us hard, specific questions...i had to make up my journeys creative piece literally right then and there from scratch because none of the approximately six scenarios i had prepared had ANYTHING to do with the question, i was like "what?!?!" .....and in the modules one i was all confident again...and instead of a standard essay we had to do a radio interview focusing on a specific character common to hamlet and ros and guil....i wanted to die, i hate interview/conversation questions... plus our cloudstreet one was really specific too "pick a significant incident" blah...telling the truth (frontline) was ok though, thank goodness.

although, i was very lucky in bio and modern...those were the exams i thought would be the hardest, and they were the easiest exams i had ever sat for those subjects. i cant believe they gave us 3hrs for bio, i was done in under two...i thought i'd missed a whole section...but then at least i had ages to check and refine my answers... *crosses fingers for a good mark* lol...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I guess today with SDD I was lucky the exam wasn't the hardest SDD exam I had seen probably could of been done in 2.5 hours but we shall let my marks decide how hard it is. Other then that all my other exams were pretty straightforward.

shimmy&shine

HSC
wm_abusef said:
lol.... that is quite lucky indeed.

my luck story is that for Module B (Harwood) our school decided to specify a poem for us to analyse. Everyone was screwed. Thankfully, the one they specified was the one i loved and adored and knew back to front :p YAY! hahaha
I love it when that happens! Like in society and culture for the half-yearlys, we had to write an essay on 'equality and difference'. It is a really broad topic, and they didn't specify anything. So noone really knew what to prepare. I selected three areas to focus on, out of the ten, and one of the option questions exactly fit my question! Precisely! BUt I only got 16/20 though. Best of luck , doesn't always mean best of marks.

shimmy&shine

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
and in the modules one i was all confident again...and instead of a standard essay we had to do a radio interview focusing on a specific character common to hamlet and ros and guil....i wanted to die, i hate interview/conversation questions...
I had my my English paper two today, and the first question was, write a conversation. I knew people who practised writing their essays in all different text types, EXCEPT conversation. One of my friends were like, is that even a possible 'text type'?! wtf?

Anyway, if I ever got aked to write a feature article, I would die on the spot. Everything else, I'm very happy with because I'm good at thinking on the spur of the moment, and develop what ever I'm writing into a good essay or text type. I've never ever memorised an essay. And I don't think I'll ever try that either.

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
i had a bloody feature article for module B. I think i handled it ok. I was damned lucky that i only had to use one related text for imaginative journeys cuz i only had one. I was lucky that I got a question on the 1948 war for Arab Israeli cuz its the only thing in the whole topic i knew. I spose I consider it lucky if I get a question i actually know. Haha. Im lucky i do general maths cuz tthe paper was so easy. Hopefully my luck wont run out for bio tomorrow

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i got lucky in physics. most of the stuff i studied / crammed the minute before exam time was in the test. lol

p.s <3 ur sig shimmy&shiny! (teh boa one) lol

passion89

HSC
I had great luck today for English paper 1.
I got driven to school and we got stuck in a traffic jam. I got to school at 9:05 when the exam was supposed to start at 8:45. You have no idea how bloody pissed I was at being 20 mins late to an ENGLISH EXAM!!

The next thing I know, the BOS supervisors were also very late (stuck in the same traffic jam) and the exam ended up starting at 9:15. So very very happy I was :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)