AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
finished piano AMusA in may thank goodness. (after failing once..)

BUT have my viola 6th grade in 2 weeks. can't wait to do all that clapping rhythms in aural again :p

HSC
xxstef said:
finished piano AMusA in may thank goodness. (after failing once..)

BUT have my viola 6th grade in 2 weeks. can't wait to do all that clapping rhythms in aural again :p
viola ?!?!

i havent seen too many of viola players around..
not even in my school string ensemble..
just violins, cellos and double bass

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
viola ?!?!

i havent seen too many of viola players around..
not even in my school string ensemble..
just violins, cellos and double bass
yeah viola isnt so popular around here. although i have no idea why.

i never started with violin. just heard about the viola and decided to start it last year after finishing 8th piano. :)

we have 9 violists at my school. pretty impressive . :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Last time I did an AMEB exam was about 2 years ago. Hate those aural singing tests lolol

HSC
atMinimas said:
lol..we dont do technical work past 8th grade ^^
haha yeah..gotta love that
still..performing your repertoire sucks balls..especially after your 2nd when your hands are all sweaty

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
haha yeah..gotta love that
still..performing your repertoire sucks balls..especially after your 2nd when your hands are all sweaty

Magic super tip to avoid sweaty hands is to rub deoderant on them before the performance. Sounds weird, but its very effective :)

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Magic super tip to avoid sweaty hands is to rub deoderant on them before the performance. Sounds weird, but its very effective :)
lol..ill hopefully be able to try that at a school performance before my lmus exams..

haha that does sound really weird though..

i usually just wash my hands with soap for like 2mins..
isnt really effective..just a little 'ritual' i do

whitewriter

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
lmao! I didn't kno u were allowed to goto the musas if you hadn't done 8th grade...
you can.

I skipped 8th (treated HSC as though it was that particular exam).

Hums about the AmusA...

~Ritaann

HSC
Yay 89 in grade five musicianship exam...finally getting my year 8 piano certificate after completing it...4 years ago :<

sparkerasp

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Yay 89 in grade five musicianship exam...finally getting my year 8 piano certificate after completing it...4 years ago :<
Nice congratulations for your 89. I remember I got 85 for my grd 5 musicianship.

Man, 4 years! I always thought that if you don't qualify for your certificate (ie. you haven't done musicianship or theory) your certificate would expire after a certain amount of time. Meh, must be a piece of false information.

HSC
sparkerasp said:
Nice congratulations for your 89. I remember I got 85 for my grd 5 musicianship.

Man, 4 years! I always thought that if you don't qualify for your certificate (ie. you haven't done musicianship or theory) your certificate would expire after a certain amount of time. Meh, must be a piece of false information.
Oh really? Crap maybe that's true. I'll ask my teacher about it at my next lesson... :(

sparkerasp

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Oh really? Crap maybe that's true. I'll ask my teacher about it at my next lesson... :(
Don't let this dampen your hopes. I'm sure I read it somewhere, but I don't know if it's true. It would be a bit unfair if it was.

This following extract is from the AMEB Teachers Handbook (2008) p11
http://www.ameb.nsw.edu.au/pdf_doc/ameb-teachers-handbook-2008.pdf

In the following practical examinations, an additional written examination is required. Please note that the additional requirements have changed from previous years. The additional requirement need not be completed before the principal examination, but until both are passed, the examination is incomplete, and no certificate will be awarded.

PRACTICAL AWARD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT
Grade 6 Practice of Music - Pass Grade 2 Theory or Musicianship or Music Craft
Grade 7 Practice of Music - Pass Grade 3 Theory or Musicianship or Music Craft
Grade 8 Practice of Music - Pass Grade 4 Theory or Musicianship or Music Craft
AMusA Performing - Pass Grade 5 Theory or Musicianship
LMusA Performing - Pass Grade 6 Theory or Musicianship

Last edited:
HSC
But I passed grade four musicianship ages ago :(:(:(

Hmmm...I think the syllabus change must have stuffed me up. I'll get my teacher to ring up AMEB and see what's happening.

i guess I'll just have to pass my AMUS exam next year so that it becomes irrelevant whether I have my yr 8 certificate or not :)

sparkerasp

HSC
Silver Persian said:
i guess I'll just have to pass my AMUS exam next year so that it becomes irrelevant whether I have my yr 8 certificate or not :)
lol shortcuts.

sparkerasp

HSC
Silver Persian said:
But I passed grade four musicianship ages ago :(:(:(
Hey I found it. I don't think it applies to you.

http://www.ameb.nsw.edu.au/exams/add_reqs.html

Quote:
In the following practical examinations, an additional written examination is required. Please note that the additional requirements have changed from previous years.
The additional requirement need not be completed before the principal examination, but until both are passed, the examination is incomplete, and no certificate will be awarded.
Additional requirements for Diploma examinations must be completed by no later than the end of the next calendar year following the completion of the practical examination, otherwise the practical section must be re-examined.

worbonom

HSC
wizard146 said:
So, has anyone else done an AMEB exam recently? How did it go?
I recently did my L.Mus.A and got a pass with Distinction.

PIANO :)

Tand'em

HSC
worbonom said:
I recently did my L.Mus.A and got a pass with Distinction.

PIANO :)
Good work! I got my LMusA (dist) last year on piano too. Just curious, what pieces did you play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)