AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

DH1988

HSC
I'd been procrastinating with my music practise a bit and not really working on anything (I play Clarinet), so earlier in the year I was told I should hurry up and do my A.mus.A. because I probably couldn't be bothered getting around to it next year. So I spent quite a few weeks getting back into the groove of things and choosing some pieces, and crammed in a lot of rehearsals before the exam (which was on October 3 if I remember correctly). I thought I played like rubbish during the exam and wasn't particularly happy with it, but somehow it was awarded to me! I guess thats usually the way it goes with these things. Must have sounded alright to them :p

As a result, my HSC study didnt start until 2 weeks before the first exam, so I'll see how I manage (got 2 exams out of the way so far).

Duncan.

cellodude42

HSC
Ah the Amus exam...
Well...I failed that for piano this year...I blame school for being my main reason for my lack of preparation. Oh and then there was the RSI a month before the exam....that's what you get for doing 3 hours prac a day '~'
I got 8th grade cello in november *eep* I hate scales!!!!!
And I wonder if I passed 6th grade musicianship...

I suppose I was expecting to fail Amus though....my 8th grade mark was only a B :( There's always next year....and another $170!!!!!

babylupin

HSC
I have my Grade 5 clarinet in about 15 days....i think my pieces are fine...my scales are crap!

My grade 5 piano i did in NZ with the ABRSM (associated Board of the Royal school of Music) and i managed to scrap a merit....135/180.....

so nervous about scales

Lani89

HSC
I have my 5th grade flute exam in 18 days and I have to learn a new piece before then because my only List A piece is apparently 6th grade.

babylupin

HSC
*jaw drops*

that sux...i really feel for you!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
My grade 8 exam is on Saturday and I'm paranoid I'm going to fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edto8

HSC
ey guys

i haven't done any theory/musicianship before and im currently studying for my AmusA, was just wondering if it is too hard to get straight into 5th grade theory/musicianship to get my certificate for AmusA, assuming that i pass the exam, which is hopefully next year in May somewhere

i did 8th grade piano for liesure a year or two ago and revieved HONOURS, went for this option so i could recieve a certificate without doing any thoery

also what is the difference between THEORY and MUSICIANSHIP??

thanks for the help!

Xuboy

HSC
i finished my AmusA and got a pass with distinction.. and im doin my musicianship 5thgrade like nxt week.. im so nervous :confused: ..

also.. if you r going to do musicianship gr 5. then its betta to do at least 3, and 4 roughly, to gett the hang of everything, all the rules, etc. then do gr 5, otherwise it's really challenging...

the musicianship component, has an 'aural' section in it which is worth like 40%, while the written is 60%..
the theory component is 100% all theory..
i personally like the musicianship part, as im really good at aural xD [perfect pitch] YAY haha

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
I got ma grade 4 theory on wed!! shud be okayyyyyyy

HSC
I did my 8th grade at the beginning of last year.
And I've finished my 6th grade musicianship.

Ah, music... The concept of doing exams makes it much less enjoyable.

champo14

HSC
minnn2 said:
I did my 8th grade at the beginning of last year.
And I've finished my 6th grade musicianship.

Ah, music... The concept of doing exams makes it much less enjoyable.
Agreed. I don't really like exams, they are quite silly. I guess there's a sense of acheivement and they do usually give you some good repetoire to play, as well as practising in an audition-like setting, but the whole measuring ability through grades is just dumb. Thankfully, not many places do this.

jase2035

HSC
I passed my grade seven exam yesterday with a B+. I'm not sure what to feel lol, I kinda have mixed emotions. Anyway, I'm just relieved it's over and done with :)

HSC
Yay did my Piano for Leisure Certificate of Performance today and got an A ^_^

I did my 5th grade musicianship exam two weeks ago, and am still waiting for the results. I might give AMUS another go...although I will be sad if I fail it _again_ :(

atMinimas

HSC
I passed my AmusA exam with distinction about 4 months ago.. :)

HSC
I did my fourth grade piano two weeks ago ... I got a B ... I'm so psyched I didn't get a C, like last time :D Woot.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i got my 8th grade piano in a few weeks...and i'm not even close to being ready.

suzlee

HSC
SHEESH so many 8th graders!!!!!!!!!!!
I did 5th grade flute on the last week of term 3! :D

suzlee

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
how did it go ?

Majorly stuffed up for the sight reading... It was in 6/8 and had 3#s so I flunked it pretty much :shy: And I didn't go so well for that clapping rhythms and telling whether it's duple or triple... Made up imaginary quavers or something and got the second part wrong.
But I still managed an A!!! And was very very happy :D

HSC
suzlee said:
Majorly stuffed up for the sight reading... It was in 6/8 and had 3#s so I flunked it pretty much :shy: And I didn't go so well for that clapping rhythms and telling whether it's duple or triple... Made up imaginary quavers or something and got the second part wrong.
But I still managed an A!!! And was very very happy :D
hahahaha..sight reading
now i remember when i had to do my 6th grade sight reading for piano
and you have to do 2 hands..

and i did so crap the examiner just told me finish it with one :D

A is a honours isnt it?

well done =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)