American Idol 4 (1 Viewer)

Fry

cos he's from the hood, bro. i prefer the last year's contestants to this year's contestants.

Fry

maybe not to you. my definition of hot isn't someone who always has to be stick thin. she has nice eyes, IMO

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i loveeeeeeeeeee nikko....... he sang one of my favourite songs ! <3 sisqo. carrie's probably the best chik. and mikayla's kinda pretty, except she reminds me of effie and has collagen lips =/

Amryllis

HSC
routemarker said:

Is she hot or what!?!

I didnt catch her name but damn!
Her name is Amanda Avila. She just missed out on top 12.

Annegelic said:
i loveeeeeeeeeee nikko....... he sang one of my favourite songs ! <3 sisqo. carrie's probably the best chik. and mikayla's kinda pretty, except she reminds me of effie and has collagen lips =/
HAHAHA!!! I think Mikalah has her moments, but most of the time she just reminds me of Effie the "Goddess of Chat" and Fran Drescher. She even talks and sounds like The Nanny. She's got the big hair too.

I LOOOOVE Carrie! I hope Simon is right in his prediction that Carrie will win the competition and sell more records than any other previous American Idols. She's gorgeous and has a beautiful voice. I loved her performance last night - she sang "Alone" by Heart. Such a sweetie :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Amryllis said:
I LOOOOVE Carrie! I hope Simon is right in his prediction that Carrie will win the competition and sell more records than any other previous American Idols. She's gorgeous and has a beautiful voice. I loved her performance last night - she sang "Alone" by Heart. Such a sweetie :)
I agree that Mikalah was crap - deserving to go. And I don't think Carrie will sell more records than previous Idol winner like Kelly, even if she wins. Simon just want to make his prediction true and do and say anything to encourage that to come true. It was like the time when he said Fantasia was the best Idol competitor the world has seen.... *rolls eyes*

Amryllis

HSC
I tend to agree with Simon though. Most of the time anyway. Like when Randy and Paula are being nice, Simon just tells it like it is. I know he's harsh but I reckon it's quite refreshing in light of the love-fest that Paula and Randy is in most of the time. And sometimes his analogies are really funny. Like the one about Nadia "'In a competition of hamburgers, you'd be the steak", and the one about Constantine - comparing him to a poodle in a leather jacket, instead of the guard dog you intended too get.

Fry

yeah i love his analagies. he always has something original to say...'it's more horrid than watching Randy Jackson on Baywatch' lol. can't remember the quote exactly.

Fry

Survivor39 said:
I agree that Mikalah was crap - deserving to go. And I don't think Carrie will sell more records than previous Idol winner like Kelly, even if she wins. Simon just want to make his prediction true and do and say anything to encourage that to come true. It was like the time when he said Fantasia was the best Idol competitor the world has seen.... *rolls eyes*
Fantasia's only big in America. she recently one some award for outstanding female artist. 'I believe' was released over here, it made the top 10 despite very little radio airplay and no video. Kelly is the most successful idol cos she has promoted her music in other countries while Ruben and Fantasia have yet to do that.

Amryllis

HSC
Fry said:
yeah i love his analagies. he always has something original to say...'it's more horrid than watching Randy Jackson on Baywatch' lol. can't remember the quote exactly.
Yeah! He was saying that to Anthony coz Simon reckons that his image is way too "nice" to pull off the whole "sexy" thing that he was going for. I didn't actually think that Anthony was "trying" to be sexy... I reckon he's pretty cute. I think Simon said something like "it's like Randy Jackson on Baywatch" - not very sexy at all. :p

Yeah, haven't heard much of Fantasia over here and I didn't even know Ruben until they talked about him in American Idol 3. I was pretty shocked that the American Idol 2 winner was an obese dude. He seriously sweats bucketloads when he performs.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Fry said:
Fantasia's only big in America. she recently one some award for outstanding female artist. 'I believe' was released over here, it made the top 10 despite very little radio airplay and no video. Kelly is the most successful idol cos she has promoted her music in other countries while Ruben and Fantasia have yet to do that.
Didn't reuben try to break into the international market with "sorry 2004" or something like that? Anyway, Fantasia has a song called Truth Is and I heaps like it.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Kelly Clarkson was the only deserving idol winner. Ruben & Fantasia are shithouse >.<

Anywho, my current top 3 -- Nikko, Constantine, Rhonzel. They rock ! \m/
and that muppet video thing they did was heaps mad..

firehose

HSC
Frontrunners: Carrie, Constantine, Scott

Middle pack: Anthony, Anwar, Bo, Nadia

See ya soon: Nikko, Vonzell

Oh yeah and there was some report about Scott having a criminal past:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94455|1|,00.html

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
who got voted out?
i missed it tonight

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
is scott the big chunky guy who sings with sunnies on ? he's so gone soon.

jessica sierra left.

Fry

Annegelic said:
Kelly Clarkson was the only deserving idol winner. Ruben & Fantasia are shithouse >.<

Anywho, my current top 3 -- Nikko, Constantine, Rhonzel. They rock ! \m/
and that muppet video thing they did was heaps mad..
Ruben is not shithouse. have you even heard him sing? he sounds great..very soulful. unfortunately, since he is so overweight it has affected his ability to sell records and Clay Aiken, the runner up, has actually been more successful. the same thing is happening with Casey and Anthony. Casey has even struggled to sell tickets for a local club. we live in such a shallow world. :(

steph@nie - i think 'sorry 2004' was only released in America.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Fry said:
Ruben is not shithouse. have you even heard him sing? he sounds great..very soulful. unfortunately, since he is so overweight it has affected his ability to sell records and Clay Aiken, the runner up, has actually been more successful. the same thing is happening with Casey and Anthony. Casey has even struggled to sell tickets for a local club. we live in such a shallow world. :(
lol that's true. the shallow world part, i mean.
such a shame for Casey since she had SO much potential to be a star.. just the whole idol thing and the direction they put her in ruined it. maybe if she did her own thing she could've been as big as Anthony is now..

Amryllis

HSC
firehose said:
Frontrunners: Carrie, Constantine, Scott

Middle pack: Anthony, Anwar, Bo, Nadia

See ya soon: Nikko, Vonzell
The only one I really agree with is Carrie. She's awesome.

I reckon Nikko and Vonzell are pretty safe at this stage coz they've improves heaps. I reckon Anthony and Nadia are gonna go soon. And I don't think Constantine is that great...

Annegelic said:
lol that's true. the shallow world part, i mean.
such a shame for Casey since she had SO much potential to be a star.. just the whole idol thing and the direction they put her in ruined it. maybe if she did her own thing she could've been as big as Anthony is now..
I don't understand if society is so shallow, why did we vote Casey as the Australian Idol? Yet after all that glory is over, she doesn't do so well. Why didn't we just give the title to Anthony in the first place?

I don't know about the direction thing... I didn't like the winner's single but her 2nd single "What's Going On" is pretty good.

firehose

HSC
Amryllis said:
The only one I really agree with is Carrie. She's awesome.

I reckon Nikko and Vonzell are pretty safe at this stage coz they've improves heaps. I reckon Anthony and Nadia are gonna go soon. And I don't think Constantine is that great...

I don't understand if society is so shallow, why did we vote Casey as the Australian Idol? Yet after all that glory is over, she doesn't do so well. Why didn't we just give the title to Anthony in the first place?

I don't know about the direction thing... I didn't like the winner's single but her 2nd single "What's Going On" is pretty good.
Yeah oh well just my own unguided predictions... we'll have to wait and see how it truly turns out.

'Whats going on' is a pretty good song but yeah Casey has pretty much disappeared from spotlight, her 15mins are long over. Maybe she appealed with viewers because she never tried to be anything she wasn't. But the media obviously don't like her image (and she smokes) so she can't really stand a chance...

Amryllis

HSC
I don't think that the other Aust Idol 2 contestants were trying to be anything that they're not either though... It's not just Casey. I thought Anthony was genuine too.

Casey's "What's Going On" is probably a remake of the Japanese version sung by Miz. Apparently Miz released the song first, hence my assumption. The melody is exactly the same, even some of the lyrics are the same - the English bits anyway, in Miz's version.

We're totally up-to-date with American Idol 4 now. I guess that's why Channel 10 has been showing 2 shows per week - to catch up to America.

Check out <http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/> for contestant info

I was wondering why Mario left... I just came across this... Interesting read..
<http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3335>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)