American Idol (2 Viewers)

dieselboi

Originally posted by GemmaHavok
Camile is cool... I hate Fantasia
I agree that Camille is kewl, but honestly I don't know how u can hate Fantasia???
She is so talented and likely to get far in this competition!!
Next episode features Amy Adams (chick with pink hair) and Leah Labelle who are my favourites to get through.
I don't like the fat hawaiin from what i have seen.
Last episode the 8 we're really weak compared to the forst 8.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
I didn't think Matt would have a chance of getting in the top 2 , I thought it would be that Hawaii chick and the other girl who was in the top 3.
I definately didn't think matt would make it
same
Originally posted by GemmaHavok
Camile is cool... I hate Fantasia
i like fantasia. she is different and good
Originally posted by dieselboi
Next episode features Amy Adams (chick with pink hair) and Leah Labelle who are my favourites to get through.
I don't like the fat hawaiin from what i have seen.
Last episode the 8 we're really weak compared to the forst 8.
and the one with the bulgarian mother, who i love
amy adams has a fantastic voice

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh is she? i thought her surname was different. she's great.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well the point is that we are talking about the same person. so go her and amy!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
After American Idol Rejection, William Hung Finds Nationwide Fame

By VIVIAN OHANIAN
Contributing Writer
Thursday, February 19, 2004

William Hung performs his now-famous rendition of Ricky Martins She Bangs at the Cal mens volleyball game in Haas Pavilion. PHOTO/AALOKE MODY

No reject has ever made it this big.

Amid cheering fans, eight TV cameras and the Cal mens volleyball team, UC Berkeley civil engineering major turned overnight sensation William Hung was offered a $25,000 recording contract in Haas Pavilion last night, after yet another infamous rendition of She Bangs.

Weeks after his painful television appearance, the American Idol reject was asked to perform during the halftime show of the Cal mens volleyball game against San Jose State, unaware that record executives and the UC Berkeley administration were planning a surprise of their own.

Surrounded by his own team of six dancers, Hung gave another hip-shaking imitation of Ricky Martin, followed by a standing ovation and a check from a Fuse Networks representative.

Fuse Networks, a year-old TV cable network that plays only music videos, joined together with the New York-based record company that signed Tupac Shakur, Koch Entertainment, to spring the surprise deal on Hung.

The companys record executive flew to Berkeley, along with Fuse Networks president, to present Hung with his check. Fuse hopes to produce Hungs first video.

Fuse has a renegade underdog sensibility, and we completely embraced William, said Fuse spokesperson Theano Apostolou.

But Hung said he isnt sure if he would be able to balance his education with a record deal, although he plans on titling his album White Dragon if he accepts the recording contract.

Its great to have all the support from everyone, added Hung, who said his musical influences include Chinese, Japanese and American pop.

Following his lowly start performing in a Clark Kerr Campus talent show, the phenomenon that is William Hung has now appeared at venues ranging from packed fraternity parties to Entertainment Tonight. He performed a duet version of Elton Johns Rocket Man, with Ellen DeGeneres on her daytime talk show, and TV shows ranging from Access Hollywood to Saturday Night Live have produced their own William Hung segments.

Cal mens volleyball team member Jared Levy said he approached Hung to perform for their halftime show as a publicity stunt.

I just want to get more people at our games, promote the team, William and the university, Levy said.

And it worked. The performance drew camera crews from Fox, Dateline, Extra, Access Hollywood, CBS News, and US Weekly, all calling ahead of time to reserve their spot at the volleyball game.

Were here to interview to students and the reaction to all the hooplah, said Access Hollywood producer Bryant Huddleston, who flew to Berkeley with his crew and correspondent to film an exclusive for tomorrow night.

As TV networks anxiously scramble to put Hung on air, for some UC Berkeley students the Hung-mania is beginning to fade.

Hungs new fame is based on mockery, said junior Garett Ng.

Theyre telling him, Sing She Bangs, Ng said. The frats are telling him, sing She Bangs.

The mockery around Hung seems to resemble typical movie stereotypes of Asian men, Ng added.

Hes being used to perpetuate existing stereotypes about his ethnicity that have already been established in Hollywood, said junior Eugene Kym, adding that most Asian Americans he speaks with share his opinion. He makes Asians look so stupid.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but he's cool. i wonder what he thinks of all this. i wonder if he realises it's mockery, as they said at the end of the article.

HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
After American Idol?Rejection, William Hung Finds Nationwide Fame

By VIVIAN OHANIAN
Contributing Writer
Thursday, February 19, 2004

William Hung performs his now-famous rendition of Ricky Martins She Bangs?at the Cal mens volleyball game in Haas Pavilion. PHOTO/AALOKE MODY

No reject has ever made it this big.

Amid cheering fans, eight TV cameras and the Cal mens volleyball team, UC Berkeley civil engineering major turned overnight sensation William Hung was offered a $25,000 recording contract in Haas Pavilion last night, after yet another infamous rendition of She Bangs.?

Weeks after his painful television appearance, the American Idol reject was asked to perform during the halftime show of the Cal mens volleyball game against San Jose State, unaware that record executives and the UC Berkeley administration were planning a surprise of their own.

Surrounded by his own team of six dancers, Hung gave another hip-shaking imitation of Ricky Martin, followed by a standing ovation and a check from a Fuse Networks representative.

Fuse Networks, a year-old TV cable network that plays only music videos, joined together with the New York-based record company that signed Tupac Shakur, Koch Entertainment, to spring the surprise deal on Hung.

The companys record executive flew to Berkeley, along with Fuse Networks president, to present Hung with his check. Fuse hopes to produce Hungs first video.

Fuse has a renegade underdog sensibility, and we completely embraced William,?said Fuse spokesperson Theano Apostolou.

But Hung said he isnt sure if he would be able to balance his education with a record deal, although he plans on titling his album White Dragon if he accepts the recording contract.

Its great to have all the support from everyone,?added Hung, who said his musical influences include Chinese, Japanese and American pop.

Following his lowly start performing in a Clark Kerr Campus talent show, the phenomenon that is William Hung has now appeared at venues ranging from packed fraternity parties to Entertainment Tonight. He performed a duet version of Elton Johns Rocket Man,?with Ellen DeGeneres on her daytime talk show, and TV shows ranging from Access Hollywood to Saturday Night Live have produced their own William Hung segments.

Cal mens volleyball team member Jared Levy said he approached Hung to perform for their halftime show as a publicity stunt.

I just want to get more people at our games, promote the team, William and the university,?Levy said.

And it worked. The performance drew camera crews from Fox, Dateline, Extra, Access Hollywood, CBS News, and US Weekly, all calling ahead of time to reserve their spot at the volleyball game.

Were here to interview to students and the reaction to all the hooplah,?said Access Hollywood producer Bryant Huddleston, who flew to Berkeley with his crew and correspondent to film an exclusive for tomorrow night.

As TV networks anxiously scramble to put Hung on air, for some UC Berkeley students the Hung-mania is beginning to fade.

Hungs new fame is based on mockery, said junior Garett Ng.

Theyre telling him, Sing She Bangs,? Ng said. The frats are telling him, sing She Bangs.?

The mockery around Hung seems to resemble typical movie stereotypes of Asian men, Ng added.

Hes being used to perpetuate existing stereotypes about his ethnicity that have already been established in Hollywood,?said junior Eugene Kym, adding that most Asian Americans he speaks with share his opinion. He makes Asians look so stupid.?
funny.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
OMG how good was Latoya??? allllllll byyy myyselffff :D

and leah should of made it into the top3.. have no idea why the pen salesman was there
i reckon the pen guy was good,
but that chick with thepurple hair- Idon't think her voice was as good as i heard her previously.. i didn't like her last night..
but latoya was good and that leah she was alright too and that pen guy

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
HUNG WILL BE ON TONIGHT ON THE UNTALENTED IDOL SHOW

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I don't think its on tonight... mabye another day this wk?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i thought it said monday. i wasnt home to watch it anyway. the untalented show.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
lol well obviously it wasn' ton tonight... i haven't heard about it, actually o_O
serious? i will reply after i check the tv guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)