Amount of units I have to do in order to transfer to MQ UNI? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,

as mentioned previously on this forum. I am considering an external transfer from the UNSW to Macquarie university (I want to do commerce/law at macquarie).

Does anyone know how many units I would need to complete in order to be considered for the external transfer (I am doing 36 units this year in total so 6 subjects)? The Macquarie law websites states that UAC would consider a mixture of 1st year university results and my ATAR, but does not state how many units I need to complete.

Thank you!

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,

as mentioned previously on this forum. I am considering an external transfer from the UNSW to Macquarie university (I want to do commerce/law at macquarie).

Does anyone know how many units I would need to complete in order to be considered for the external transfer (I am doing 36 units this year in total so 6 subjects)? The Macquarie law websites states that UAC would consider a mixture of 1st year university results and my ATAR, but does not state how many units I need to complete.

Thank you!
I am confused about this part... 36 units? A unit is just another name for a subject, so do you mean credits? And if so wouldn't 36 be way way too much?

I think the required number of credit points is 24 for a transfer, and the GPA requirement is about a 2.5. I'm not familiar with external transfers, so someone will most likely correct me.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I am confused about this part... 36 units? A unit is just another name for a subject, so do you mean credits? And if so wouldn't 36 be way way too much?
UNSW's cp/unit system is probably different. 6 cp per unit maybe.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

I think the required number of credit points is 24 for a transfer, and the GPA requirement is about a 2.5. I'm not familiar with external transfers, so someone will most likely correct me.

Macquarie is 3 units as far as I know for one subject, according to one of the staff. So UNSW basically is double, 6 per subject. (So i'm doing 6 subjects by end of the semester- would this be qualified for a transfer to mq?)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie is 3 units as far as I know for one subject, according to one of the staff. So UNSW basically is double, 6 per subject. (So i'm doing 6 subjects by end of the semester- would this be qualified for a transfer to mq?)
You're confusing the word 'unit' for 'credit points'.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
A 'unit' is what you understand as a 'subject'.

Units are worth credit points, at MQ each unit is worth three credit points.

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey! Just putting it out there that you only require a distinction average to internally transfer to law after your first year at UNSW. So that's a reeaaally good option too!

But I'm a first year MQ Comm/law student, and so far, I love it! :)

Your choice but! :)

enoilgam

HSC
Hey! Just putting it out there that you only require a distinction average to internally transfer to law after your first year at UNSW. So that's a reeaaally good option too!

I think they look at ATAR as well.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I think they look at ATAR as well.
Yeah mixture of ATAR and uni results. With my ATAR I would need around 80 to 85 WAM.

I am preferring Macq also due to the closer proximity and also other factors.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

I am going to be joining Macq hopefully! But yeah I am aiming for a WAM of 75~80 this year and hopefully this will be enough for Macq Comm/Law.

twenty12

HSC
Hey was just wondering, did you get an answer of whether 36 units (6 subjects) is enough to transfer? thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)