• Yes

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
How many people in here do both? Which do you like better?

Rory

HSC
I do both and I think I prefer Modern, but it really depends on what I'm doing at the time, like I just finished Russia for Modern and at first I liked Modern most, but now I'm doing Greece in Ancient and I prefer it..lmao so it's a hard decision, normally I like Modern better though.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i did both for a term and personally liked ancient best.

i have about 6 friends who are doing both and it is half/half for whether they like ancient or modern best

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i do both, and yeah i dont really think i could choose - i love history in general... the course are both very different so yeah... if i had to pick i love my ancient class cause its so small and personal but i rather the modern topics

V.V

i did both for about two weeks in which i decided that i loved ancient the best thats why im doing it for my h.s.c. both was just too much even though it would have been cool it was too demanding of time

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I do both and I like Ancient much better. Mainly because I'm coming first, and I'm a bit lost in Modern at the moment. But apart from that, I'm just in love with the ancient world.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
ancients cooler than modern, i dont do modern, but i just know ancient's better :) a lot more interesting

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
Ancient History is cool, learning abt past humanity and its civilisation is quite interesting especially in its development of different unique cultures. It draws into the mystical worlds of the mysterious civilisations of the ancients.

Modern History concern too much abt warfare, WW1 and WW2 for me is so boring, i did it 4 australian history and it was totally boring abt how these wars came abt, and to sorta repeat it in Modern History will definitely be boring

Gemstone

I don't do both but my brother does modern and Ancient sounds a lot more interesting than modern does. Well to me anyway. I suppose it depends what your studying though.

Plus he's got a real bitchy teacher for modern too.

Gemma

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Modern History is really shitting me at the moment. Theres too much reading and this annoying shit keeps volunteering to read and my teacher is working us really hard. I'm just being a shit coz I know its helping, but I'm just sick of it right now. I also find Ancient more "fascinating" as opposed to Modern which is just constant fact and figures learning. Ancient History all the way!!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I didn't do modern because I was worried that two histories would be too much history for my little brain to handle. I always found ancient so much more fascinating anyway.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Heh, I'm kinda biased. I love Modern better, but that would be because I've got a good methodical teacher for Modern... for Ancient, my teacher is interesting... but I checked the other day and she leaves out lots of syllabus points. And we spent half an hour today talking about why Tempe railways station was named after Tempe pass.

And Modern is nothing like junior history, whereas I think Ancient is just the same thing. Comes down to teachers, I like the content equally, and I get 19s in essays for both.... meh.

An interesting result of doing both histories is that is has reduced my capacity for maths memory. I swear I've gotten worse at maths as the workload for history has increased, even if I'm spending the same amount of time on each... history pushes crappy maths out. YAY.

Maveryck

I do both. I prefer Modern, but Ancient is cool too.

Extension > all though.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lundy
I didn't do modern because I was worried that two histories would be too much history for my little brain to handle. I always found ancient so much more fascinating anyway.
sounds excactly like me. ancient is my fav. sub at the moment ... ancient all the way!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)