Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by Maveryck
I do both. I prefer Modern, but Ancient is cool too.

Extension > all though.
Yeah, If I hadn't of dropped it.... but the teacher is an asshole, and I felt like doing Rock Eisteddfod properly, so ah well.

soapie

I do both and Ancient is def. better.
its so hard for me to get my head around modern even though i'm coming 3rd in the class i hate it

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
you do realise though that this is abit biased... i mean it is posted in the anicent thread so assumable you will get more ancienty people lovers

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I did all three histories, and out of the two in question, preferred Modern by some distance. However, this was largely because of my Ancient teacher thinking my class was comprised of imbeciles, and thus not able to handle Year 12 level work or readings..Leading to regularly being given Year 7 worksheets, and having this pointed out at the time. Of course, most people in my class accepted this, but it was extremely frustrating for myself.

Ancient History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.. :chainsaw:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ that sound like our ancient teacher at the moment! thinking we cant read anything past year seven level! like she will write something down and then be like " no, i will put it in language you can understand, incorrect yes, but that way you can understand" and we are like wtf?!?!?! and she is like well i have to try teach you on your level. maybe if we be good, we can progress to big peoples work sheet!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
I did all three histories, and out of the two in question, preferred Modern by some distance. However, this was largely because of my Ancient teacher thinking my class was comprised of imbeciles, and thus not able to handle Year 12 level work or readings..Leading to regularly being given Year 7 worksheets, and having this pointed out at the time. Of course, most people in my class accepted this, but it was extremely frustrating for myself.

bahaha i know the feeling, this happens in my legal and modern....unlike the extension classes...where students r actual regarded as intelligent human beings

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
you do realise though that this is abit biased... i mean it is posted in the anicent thread so assumable you will get more ancienty people lovers

We'll start one in Modern to counteract ;)

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
I do both and i have really good teachers for both
so i suppose that i cant choose

But. Topicwise i like Modern overall as some parts of Ancient are boring.

Otherwise Ancient Rocks

dy357lx

depends on the topic

for modern doing the war in the pacific and 20th C germany are fricken interesting topics wheras in ancient hist Akhenaten bored the crap out of me, on the other hand romes wars of expansion are the most interesting thing i've learnt, but i'll have to say i prefer ancient cause i prefer the ancient world

OMGitzIman

HSC
ive chosen ancient..
schools starting in 2 days and im already having doubts about it. i originally
wanted to do both ancient AND modern but then i thought it would be too
much and i also like my other subjects - math gen, enlgish adv, legal, studies of religion, biology...

ugh what to do?...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)