ancient his EXAM PREDICTIONS (1 Viewer)

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I haven't even mentioned the questions on geography and economic exchange :devil:
I think there may be something on the role of the Spartan army, haven't had that for a while.
I don't think they'll ever ask an extended response on geography. Economic exchange is pretty easy, plenty to talk about.
Role of Spartan Army was my Trial extended response question so I'm all good with that! haha. n_n

Now stop being evil! :p

A-Nonentity

HSC
How is every ones study going?

I did Xerxes yesterday and today I am doing Greek World. Just finished Persian Wars, gonna walk dogs then get onto Delian League which is always fun but longggg.
I would die of Happiness if I got asked a question on Themistocles though shame they asked it in 2009. I just really want to do well in Ancient!

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I finished writing my notes, now I am trying to jam it into my head. I have two days to do this.....

Biology took up a lot of my time.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
How is every ones study going?

I did Xerxes yesterday and today I am doing Greek World. Just finished Persian Wars, gonna walk dogs then get onto Delian League which is always fun but longggg.
I would die of Happiness if I got asked a question on Themistocles though shame they asked it in 2009. I just really want to do well in Ancient!
Same! Would love a question on Themistocles as I had previously done an essay on him.

jessxxxr

HSC
ethical considerations would be awesome
also for NKE, Amenhotep III-Ramesses II- im hoping for either an Amenhotep III question, an Akhenaten question, a Tutankhamun question or a Ramesses II question

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
ethical considerations would be awesome
Could be possible because for the past four years or so, they have not asked a question on ethical issues yet. But then again, I guess it is a little too easy for a 10 mark question.

Galladrim

HSC
I don't think they'll ever ask an extended response on geography. Economic exchange is pretty easy, plenty to talk about.
Role of Spartan Army was my Trial extended response question so I'm all good with that! haha. n_n

Now stop being evil! :p
I'll try :wink:

I saw an interesting trial question today. (Greek World)

"To what extent were the Allies responsible for the changes in the Delian League that took place during this period"

Be nice to have something like this; a bit different.

Harber

HSC
there tend to be five questions that get cycled through a lot, and my teacher says tht odds are we will get one of these.

1 explain/assess the contribution of themistocles (very likely)
2 explain the reasons for greeks victory in the second persian war (this was last year, dont bet on it)
3 explain the changing relationship between athens and its allies (I think this one is likely to come up)
4 explain the roles/contribution of cimon and aristides (in two years ago, unlikely)
5 explain the transition from delian league to athenian empire (also likely)

I hope that there is't a question on sparta, or I'll be stuffed :(

If anyone is a believer I used my tarot cards along with about 15 past papers to try and guess what the question (I predicted the trial question accuratly, I did badly but I still got it!) so im willing to hedge my best bet on changing relationships.
this is what i dont get about section 2 for greek world (i study s1 + s3), isnt transition from league to empire, a similar question to the changing relationship between athens and allies. it does involve discussing the same points, e.g. thasos revolt.

other than that, i think we will get ethical issues. may be an easy question but people tend to under-estimate it, since it is easier than others it may be marked differently?
greek world i still think its time for the ancient history form to get raped with causes of persian wars. other than that, personalities have been asked very often so im thinking something more specific like effectiveness of greek/persian strategies during persian wars.

Fake-Name

HSC
I've avoided this thread for as long as possible, I hate reading other people's predictions because then I feel a need to put a focus on what they believe will be in the exam.

In saying that, Here is mine:

Pompeii archaeology:
* Ethics (Simply because it hasnt come up in the past few papers and I havent studied it yet)

Persian Period:
* Expansion of Empire
* Something to do with Administration. (This appears to be really common, (I include Darius in administration) )

Xerxes:
* Building programs (although I hope not)
* Evaluate the success of Xerxes.

acemusic415

HSC
I've avoided this thread for as long as possible, I hate reading other people's predictions because then I feel a need to put a focus on what they believe will be in the exam.
+1

I don't want to divulge my thoughts and predictions of the exams, cos it might psyche others out. My belief is study everything and you can't be thrown off by the exam because Ancient History is known for sticking by the book.

lockedbox

HSC
this is what i dont get about section 2 for greek world (i study s1 + s3), isnt transition from league to empire, a similar question to the changing relationship between athens and allies. it does involve discussing the same points, e.g. thasos revolt.
yeah, but the two questions have been used many times and they disscus the points from different perspectives, with tranformation you talk about how athens started as "hegemon" but became "arche" using the events to demonstrate. With relationships you place more emphasis on the changes and what the effect of these changes were on individual allies rather than "the increase of imperialism" but apart from that the subjects do tend to overlap a lot. Just remember not to mention carystus in the relationships question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)