Ancient History Investigation Assignment (1 Viewer)

aynrooz

HSC
hi,
i think i might choose Aboriginal Archaeological Sites for my historical investigation.
What types of ideas can i explore and use as my question or hypothesis for the essay for ancient history.
Thanks

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
I think the best idea would be to pick a section from the Anc His yr 12 Syllabus on Pompeii and do that.

For example you could do entertainment in ancient rome or ancient roman housing and do a historical investigation about one of these topics. Its much better than just deciding to do something random like the the 2nd Persian War and then getting to year 12 and realising your going to be doing Egyptian topics

jennieTalia

HSC
I think the best idea would be to pick a section from the Anc His yr 12 Syllabus on Pompeii and do that.

For example you could do entertainment in ancient rome or ancient roman housing and do a historical investigation about one of these topics. Its much better than just deciding to do something random like the the 2nd Persian War and then getting to year 12 and realising your going to be doing Egyptian topics
True.
I would try doing something relevant as well, but if you would rather wait, things that I have always found to be interesting include:

Otzi the ice man (and other bodies e.g. Tollund man, Lindow Man etc)
Thera/Santorini (I'm not sure what you HAVE to study or not)
Cleopatra
Boudicca

aynrooz

HSC
thanks for the advice!
yeh good tip...to choose something relatively close but i cant chose something that will be in the HSC course as it is seen as an unfair advantage.
please keep your suggestions coming!:D
thanks

LordPc

HSC
Yea thats the rule, but you can.

About half of my class did Roman Entertainment, which is almost identical to the section in Pompeii for the HSC. Just as long as you dont make it super obvious you should be fine.

eg, if you were to do housing, do not do "Housing in Pompeii". Instead, make it Housing in the Roman Empire. pick something related to Pompeii and broaden it so that your school lets you do it

angie-gee

HSC
Aboriginal history? yuckyyy!

for my HI I originally wanted to do umm.. Agrippina I think.. then when I was told I couldn't, I wanted to do Sparta, couldn't do that either so going with how everyone thinks that all us greeks like it up the ass :haha: my question was..

Compare and contrast society’s acceptance of various types of intimate relationships in the ancient world.
Looking at Egypt, Greece and Rome.

I looked at prostitution and sexual relationships, and marriage..
I loved it, it was so interesting to do! (my favorite part of history are blood, guts, glory and all the controversial bits)

RadioRacer

HSC
screw all those ideas! just do something about Leonidas, and how he completely and utterly fucked shit up for the Persians.. and you'll only need one source.. 300!

forget all those other sources out there that might actually give details about the battles that took place.. just follow off the movie, talk about how the Persians rode on elephants, used massive trolls to do their bidding, and had fat men with lobster claws instead of arms..

and MAKE SURE you mention the sex scene.. actually, focus half your speech on that.. and use visual aids to get your point across..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
hi,
i think i might choose Aboriginal Archaeological Sites for my historical investigation.
What types of ideas can i explore and use as my question or hypothesis for the essay for ancient history.
Thanks

I actually think aboriginal archaeological sites would be really interesting, Australian archaeologists have recently come up with all these new trippy dating systems for dating aboriginal rock carvings, which is pretty intense if you think about it, could be worth looking into.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)