Ancient History Trials ??? (1 Viewer)

peanut09

HSC
how are you guys studying for it ?
you think i can cram all the topics in one day ?

the topics im doing are-
p + h
New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Thutmose IV
Hatshepsut
Minoan Crete (only the first few syllabus points as we havent finished it yet)

Last edited:

VegemiteLover93

HSC
Within reason; really depends on what topics you're doing. The Core will take a while, so a dot point summary would suffice. Just make sure you go through all of the dot point; don't leave anything out, because God knows they'll test us on something that's quirky like Spartan Art LOL

LonelyWolf

HSC
For the last question, I'm ding 'The Greek World 500 - 440 BC'. There is a choice between Persian wars and Development of Athenian Empire, for my study should I just be focusing only on the Development of Athenian Empire question?

musing

HSC
For the last question, I'm ding 'The Greek World 500 - 440 BC'. There is a choice between Persian wars and Development of Athenian Empire, for my study should I just be focusing only on the Development of Athenian Empire question?
You mean Delian League question? You can if you want to take the risk.

LonelyWolf

HSC
You mean Delian League question? You can if you want to take the risk.
Yeah, but it's not really a risk if you do essays for all syllabus points concerning the Development of Athens and Athenian Empire

chels777

HSC
im doing core Akhenaten, new kindom egypt to AIII, and ramesside era to Ram II and im worried about pompeii i hope they dont ask something really minuscule for the 8 marker

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Im so worried about Pompeii+Herculaneum and Greek world 500-440.

Greek world's topic is massive =.= fml but we only have one choice which is the Persian Wars!! YAY

Hatshepsut and Sparta were my strong points

chels777

HSC
i think pompeii is so big and our class only just finished learning it

DanielofMayfair

HSC
I'm doing the exact same topics as you! And I have to cram all the topics tonight as well...
Minoan Crete is basically the most boring topic ever, you're lucky that you're doing it so close to trials/hsc because I did it in term 4 and can't remember a thing from it.
As for the cramming, I think it's possible to get a brief overview of all the topics, but it's impossible to get a band six-worthy knowledge of it... but oh well, it's just trials :p
I guess just focus on the really important parts and make some concise notes. Good luck!

Chahoud

HSC
I'm doing p&h, Sparta, egypt till death of ramesses ii and akenaten fml
Hope it's not hard, I'm just practicing past papers and writing an essay for akenaten :)

chels777

HSC
i like akhenaten its a good topic just have to mkae sure i remember my modern sources

LonelyWolf

HSC
Im so worried about Pompeii+Herculaneum and Greek world 500-440.

Greek world's topic is massive =.= fml but we only have one choice which is the Persian Wars!! YAY

Hatshepsut and Sparta were my strong points
we have a choice between Persian Wars and Development of Athens and Athenian Empire

writers-block

HSC
Ours is completely different!
We are doing - Pompeii & Herculaneum, Sparta, The Julio-Claudian Emperors and Agrippina the Younger!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hint: these two things really aren't separate, they tie in with each other.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It does depend on how specific the question is, however you'll find that an excellent answer for many of the more general questions will consider both of these topics. There is absolutely no way you could discuss the rise of Athenian imperialism without a considered discussion of the Persian Wars.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
We only have one choice for the Greek world 500-440 B.C because our school hasn't covered enough content on the Delian league to write an actual test-style essay.

So Persian Wars is the only choice :) WOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!! Please an essay on Themistocles or something

Katerina1234

HSC
Im doing the independent school paper;

anybody have an idea what the pompeii and herculaneum extended response is for this?

or sparta extended response?

or new kingdom egypt to death of tut 4?

or hatshepsut?

you'd be helping a girl who is struggling massively!!

xxxx

good luck everyone.
we all need it in ancient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)